18 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2015 10:21 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere 11

izzymilly Level 1

Will premiere 11 work with photoshop elements 8

• 1. Re: Premiere 11
          A.T. Romano Level 7

izzymilly

Premiere Elements 11 or its Elements Organizer 11 do not integrate with Photoshop Elements 8 or its Elements Organizer 8.

At the level of the Elements Organizer catalogs, you can convert the Elements Organizer 8 catalog in the Elements Organizer 11. In that instance, the

original catalog in Elements Organizer 8 will still exist but not be updated as you work with its converted version in 11.

There is no guarantee that the user can open a project file from an earlier version in a later one. If you try, work from a copy of the project file from the earlier version.

Please let us know if the above targeted your question.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask. We will go into the issues further if needed.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere 11
            izzymilly Level 1

Yes, thank you that has answered my question.

• 3. Re: Premiere 11
              izzymilly Level 1

I am contacting you again because I do not understand the adobe site and asking questions. It says mark as a question and then when posted it says not answered and you have fifteen minutes to change to not a question!

I do have a question. I now have prem elements 8 and have been making progress. However I cant export a video clip. I have watched teaching videos and they say go to file and then choose export but my export is faded out. Also I now know they have to be saved to the hard drive  and one clip said save to the E drive. I dont think I have one is D ok? I would be grateful for any advice but please keep it simple. Thanks

• 4. Re: Premiere 11
                A.T. Romano Level 7

izzymilly

The choice to use File Menu/Export/Movie is discontinued after Premiere Elements 7. So, it is not going to exist in Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1. When you are ready to export

your Timeline content either to a file saved to the computer hard drive or to disc, you go to the section of the program named Share/ and then make your choice with export settings.

You can save your files to whatever hard drive location you want provided it has enough free hard drive space to accept it. So, I am not clear where and why you are seeing

one clip said save to the E drive

In the export area where the Save button is for you to hit to start the export, make sure beforehand you give the export a name that you can recognize in a crowd of other files

that might already exist at the save location that you picked for the Save In. In the Save In field there, you are the one who designates the save location - either use the default shown or browse to and select your own location which has enough free space to accept the export file.

Please let us know if you are OK with the above. If you need more information on this, please do not hesitate to let me know what you need.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Premiere 11
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

izzymilly

Just saw your other thread on this same question posted in post 3 of the thread that we are in now.

exporting videos

For now, let us keep the discussion of that question in the thread that we are in now.

The other thread (link above) may be closed or deleted by a Moderator when it is seen.

ATR

• 6. Re: Premiere 11
                    izzymilly Level 1

I have found the share section and I gave the clip a name. Then I browsed where to save it. I tried the C and D both of which had ample space but when I clicked save it said cannot open {name I gave clip} for writing, check file name and try again.

• 7. Re: Premiere 11
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

izzymilly

If the export settings are being rejected specifically because of the file name then close the Share area and reopen it to reset it.

Set your export settings, but this time leave the default name which should be Untitled or Untitled_1 and so on. Does the export start and finish after you hit Save?

If not, try for the deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file. Are you working on 8.0/8.0.1? If so....

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming
                      Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 8.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 8.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path cited.

Please let us know if any of the above worked for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Premiere 11
                        izzymilly Level 1

I have just done the local disc C thing as you suggested and when I open the workspace again my video I had created has disappeared! It’s name is there and it loads it but there is nothing to see. I don’t really understand what I did with the local disc C thing.Can I get things back to the way they were? Should I delete the whole prog and reinstall again? I think I am going to have to do the whole video all over again.

• 9. Re: Premiere 11
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

izzymilly

When you refer to "the local disc C thing", did you go through the path in post 7 and delete just the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file?

PE8.jpg

I ask this question to try to determine what might have happened when you were working in this path.

If you deleted the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file or even the whole 8.0 Folder in which it exists, you should not

have lost your project file or any AutoSaves that might have been generated.

a. Are you sure that you are opening the correct project? I am suspecting that you have opened a new project

or (worse case) somehow overwritten the existing project. But I do not see how you could have done that just

deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file.

b. Can you find any parts (or all of it) in the Adobe Folder

Libraries/Adobe/Premiere Elements/8.0?

c. Can you create a new project and work in it so that you do not have to uninstall/reinstall the program?

ATR

• 10. Re: Premiere 11
                            izzymilly Level 1

Yes I did follow the path in post 7 and I think I did what you asked me to do.

Now, although you can still see the project in recent projects, when it is loaded there is nothing there in the workspace. It has to be the correct project because as it is the only one.

I have looked in the library and it is there which is good. However I am still no further forward in learning how to save a project in a form where it can be sent to another person as it is still stuck within the elements workspace.

What should we do next? Do you have that function where you take control of my screen? I suppose if you could you would have already suggested it.

• 11. Re: Premiere 11
                              izzymilly Level 1

Hi

I hoped to hear from you today. I assume you do not work at the weekend. I am no further forward since my last message on Friday.

• 12. Re: Premiere 11
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

izzymilly

Thanks for the reply. I am at this forum 7 days a week (sometimes feels like 24/7) and try to leave no thread without support since I know

how troublesome a non working Premiere Elements can be, and I want to share what works for me and others.However, this is not Adobe. This is a user to user

forum. I am not affiliated with Adobe in any way. I am just a visitor who has an overactive troubleshooting gene and lots of information on the programs that I share. But, the threads move out of sight, and I get detoured especially when I put off answering a thread for the moment as I consider better all the details presented. I take on each question as if it were my own. We want you to succeed.

Let us see where we are now.

I strongly suspect that you have overwritten the project that you were in. Consequently, I would question your conclusion that because you had 1 project showing that this had to be the project you were working on. But, as I wrote "I...suspect." Let us see what we can do to get a definite answer.

This is what we are going to do

1. Please remind me what Premiere Elements version you are using. At one point I assumed 8 which would be a companion to your Photoshop Elements 8. But, if you are in 11, then

make sure that you have deleted the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file or the whole 11.0 Folder in which it exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming
                                Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 11.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path cited.

2. Assuming Premiere Elements 11, open project to Expert workspace. Go to File Menu/Save As. In the Save Project dialog that appears

For Save In:, set for desktop

For File Name:, type in izzymilly.prel

Click Save button to get out of there and move on with your project in the Expert workspace Edit area.

3. When you are ready to export go to Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD and select an appropriate .mp4 preset (maybe MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30).

The important matter here is that you set the export dialog so that

Save In = desktop

and

File Name = MySpecialExport

There are several details in setting the correct project preset and export settings. We will leave that for fine tuning later. I just want to know that

you can save a project, export a file from it and find that export on your hard drive, and also save close that project and subsequently open that project to

find it as before the save close.

Please review and consider, and then we will decide what next. If any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask me.

Thanks.

ATR

• 13. Re: Premiere 11
                                  izzymilly Level 1

Hi

sorry for the confusion in thinking you were an adobe rep.

I am using 8 so will not try your suggestion as I gather that only relates to 11.

I have ordered Premiere Elements 8 for Dummies so I am hoping that might help.

Do you know how I can get in touch with an adobe person, it would be so good if they could just control my screen and get me sorted.

Thank you of all your support so far.

• 14. Re: Premiere 11
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

izzymilly

Thanks for the reply.

Adobe typically will support only the current version (13) with or without using remote control over your computer as a means of troubleshooting.

This applies to other versions even 12 which is closer to 13 than 8. And, even for version 13, the Adobe contact is channeled through online

Adobe Chat which often ends up with "Ask the Community" which is us (user to user).

Consider and then, if you want to proceed here, please try the mini test approach that I suggested for your target program.  If Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1,

Open project to Timeline workspace. Go to File Menu/Save As. In the Save Project dialog that appears

For Save In:, set for desktop

For File Name:, type in izzymilly.prel

Click Save button to get out of there and move on with your project in the Timeline workspace Edit area.

3. When you are ready to export go to Share/Personal Computer/MPEG and select an appropriate preset (or just select

NTSC DVD Widescreen)

The important matter here is that you set the export dialog so that

Save In = desktop

and

File Name = MySpecialExport

Books are a great resource, but often it is the online forum support that gets at the information that falls through the cracks in the books.

We will be watching for your decisions and follow up.

Best wishes whatever your decision.

ATR

• 15. Re: Premiere 11
                                      izzymilly Level 1

I am very pleased to say that I followed your instructions and it worked. I have the video on my desktop in a viewable format. However when I went to email it had not finished sending after 20 mins so I stopped it to find out if there was a way to compress it to send as an email. Nobody would be pleased to receive an email that takes 20 mins + to receive.

• 16. Re: Premiere 11
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

izzymilly

Good you stopped the email. Even if the sending got completed, the recipient's email might not have been allowed to open it because of the file size.

I am going to need video properties and project presets to fine tune, but here is the general idea.

1. Set the project preset to match the properties of your source media that you import to the Timeline.

2. When you go to export, use

Personal Computer

Windows Media

(Windows Media is toward the bottom of the list of choices so you might have to use the small scroll bar to the right of the choices to scroll down to Windows Media

so that you can see it.)

Set Presets = Cable Modem, DSL

Click on the Advanced Button/Video Tab and set

Frame Width = 640

Frame Height = 480

Frame Rate = 29.97 frames per second

Pixel Aspect Ratio= Square Pixels (1.0)

Leave the rest as is for now.

OK out of the export customization area.

In the Name dialog that appears, type in the name of the file to be produced.

Click OK.

Then back in the general Window Media area click on the Save button after you

name the file

and

set the save in location....

Before you hit the Save button there, look to the bottom of the Windows Media general export area...what is the estimated file size...if 10 MB or less, then hit Save.

If much more, than we will need to think about another way to send the video. Did you want to try for upload to YouTube so that your friends and family

could see your video on YouTube?

ATR

• 17. Re: Premiere 11
                                          izzymilly Level 1

This time I could send it and the recipient could view it.

Thank you very much for your support.

• 18. Re: Premiere 11
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

izzymilly

Wonderful news of your success. Great job. Thanks for staying with the troubleshooting suggestions and working through the details.

We are very pleased to learn that your video is now being shared and enjoyed by all of the recipients.

Best wishes

ATR