0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2015 1:40 PM by robert.englebright

Suddenly Cannot Print in PS6 With Error Message

robert.englebright

I have been printing without problems for few years now.  I've had PS6 for a couple of years, and I've been using Mac OS 10.9 since it was released.  I now have a problem that I have read in another discussion is blamed on incompatibility issues between the Epson driver and OS 10.9 when in PS.  I have no problem printing through LR5.  This is what happens - and it happened suddenly, after making several prints:  When I try to print an image in Photoshop by clicking on the "Print" command I get this message: "There was an error opening your printer. Printing functions will not be available until you have selected a printer and reopened any documents" and am unable to select the print options again (greyed out). I have to close the image and reopen it before I can try printing again. However, if I first try to print by clicking on the "Print One Copy" command I get a warning box: "The image is larger than the paper’s printable area; some clipping will occur". If I click "Proceed" within this warning box nothing happens. If I click "Cancel" I still have the print options available to me, unlike if I click on the "Print" command.

Something interesting happened prior to this problem. I was in the "Print With Preview" window. I had selected the image to print at 75% and had selected all of the options I needed to make a print - something I've done hundreds of times. I believe (not 100% certain) I then clicked "Print" when the window within the "Print With Preview" dialogue box that usually shows the image went gray and I could do nothing to get it back.

Now, the only way I can print an image is by using the Print module in LR5.