6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2015 11:32 AM by moonpie001

I just installed PE13, I still have PE 11 on my system.  On the welcome screen the Organizer Icon is black (not Red) while the PE icon is Red, any idea whats going on?

moonpie001 Level 1

Should both the organizer icon and the PE icon both be Red if things are running well?  Here is what it looks like, I transferred my PE 11 organizer over to 13 organizer, I would expect them to be the same color, did I do something wrong?

• 1. Re: I just installed PE13, I still have PE 11 on my system.  On the welcome screen the Organizer Icon is black (not Red) while the PE icon is Red, any idea whats going on?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

moonpie001

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running?

On my Windows 7 and 8.1 64 bit, the Welcome Screen presents as shown in the following screenshot from the program on Window 7 64 bit.

Windows7Welcome.JPG

Let us explore

I transferred my PE 11 organizer over to 13 organizer,

Do you mean by that you converted the Elements Organizer 11 catalog in Elements Organizer 13, using Elements Organizer 13's File Menu/Manage Catalogs/Catalog Manager and the Convert option there?

I converted my Elements Organizer 11 catalog in Elements Organizer 13, and saw no changes in the Premiere Elements 13 Welcome Screen.

All is as is.

As a point of reference, in Premiere Elements 11 Welcome Screen, the Organizer icon is turquoise and the Video icon is purple.

All normal.

Remember, you are not really transferring Elements Organizers 11 to 13, you are converting the Elements Organizer 11 catalog in Elements Organizer 13. The original Elements Organizer 11 is not changed in 11 but is not updated when you make changes in the converted catalog in Elements Organizer 13.

Bottom Line: Everything sounds normal so far for your Welcome Screen in 13.

Please review and consider. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: I just installed PE13, I still have PE 11 on my system.  On the welcome screen the Organizer Icon is black (not Red) while the PE icon is Red, any idea whats going on?
            moonpie001 Level 1

ATR

Thank you for the response and the screen shot.  I am using a windows 64 bit operating system.  Your screen shot you show above with the black icon over the organizer is the same as is on my installation.  I was wondering if this normal, I would expected it to be purple also.  If black is normal than everything is ok.

I am having an issue with my computer right now, when I boot and get past the sign on screen my computer then projects a blue screen (this is not the blue screen of death, it is light blue in color [like the comment button below] and remains until it times out [30 sec]) then the computer boots to the desktop and everything works fine.  I am dealing with this problem with HP and after much investigation and testing we are sure it is being caused by a third party source.  This has been going on for two months about the same time I have had installed Adobe PE13 and PSE 13.  I am looking at all the installs I have made sense that time for suspicious behavior in the programs.  I did not know if the black icon on the organizer was normal or not.  This is my 4th edition of these programs and the Organizer and Editor buttons have always been the same color.  I thought black (like your screen shot above) might indicate that I needed to re-install the program.  I don't know if I did reinstall if that would damage any my data or not.  I know this is my problem to fix but any insight on your end would be appreciated.

Rich

• 4. Re: I just installed PE13, I still have PE 11 on my system.  On the welcome screen the Organizer Icon is black (not Red) while the PE icon is Red, any idea whats going on?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Rich

Thanks for the follow up with the background information on the question that you posted.

1. Have you had any problems with the workflows in Photoshop Elements 13 and Premiere Elements 13 and the Elements Organizer 13 that they are sharing on that same

computer? Good news of none so far.

2. Have you and HP gone through the step of disabling all the computer's startup programs and observing the results of the blue screen when you restart the computer?

3. Depending on your answers to the above, you might want to uninstall Adobe Photoshop Elements, note the effect on the issue. If still there, then uninstall Premiere Elements, note the effect on the effect. (These days I try to put uninstalls low on the list of troubleshooting because of the potential for reinstall problems.) If no impact on the issue, then reinstall the programs with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

4. You might want to try "3" only after you have done the same for other program candidates which might be expected to reinstall with less likely glitches than with Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements.

Please review and consider and let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...be sure to include the computer restarts after the change.

• 5. Re: I just installed PE13, I still have PE 11 on my system.  On the welcome screen the Organizer Icon is black (not Red) while the PE icon is Red, any idea whats going on?
                moonpie001 Level 1

Hey ATR

Thanks for your response.  I got back with a tech 2 level rep at HP and we ran several test on the computer hard drive and video card.  Both came back fine.  We did do one thing and that is we disconnected my external hard drive before the boot.  When the computer started up I went from sign on screen straight to my desk top!  So this solved the problem, my computer was waiting on my external drive to respond and because I only use it as a workspace for unimportant stuff I don't need it to be hooked up all the time.  Last week I installed an additional 3T internal hard drive so now I got 4T inside 2 drives internal) and 2T (1 drive) outside.  I have had that external HD for about a year (Seagate) and never had an issue before.  The thing is maybe Windows had an update that fixed a problem for some but created a problem for others, you know what I mean, who knows.  LOL

Well got 4 days left on the warranty and wanted to make sure I didn't have a hardware issue.  The external hard drive isn't covered but will test that one on my own time later.  Thank you ATR for your quick responses, it helped me get to the bottom of this today!  Now, I don't have to do any uninstalls or wipes and reloads!

You are always so helpful, I appreciate all you do!

Rich