6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2015 10:10 AM by A.T. Romano

PE8 Device Error

Rellim

PE8. I have been burning DVDs this week but the current video stops prematurely and the message, "Device Error - the target device isn't suitable for use."  I have been using the same media all week. What is wrong?

• 1. Re: PE8 Device Error
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

HI there

I suspect you are in the wrong forum. This forum is for Captivate.

Does PE mean Premiere Elements or Photoshop Elements? If I know which one, I can move the post to the correct forum.

Cheers... Rick

• 2. Re: PE8 Device Error
            Rellim Level 1

Thanks Rick,

the web site is not very clear as to what community/forum should be used, particularly for a novice. I'm using premiere elements.

Cheers, Graeme

• 3. Re: PE8 Device Error
              Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

No problem. Totally understand.

Post has been moved.

Best of luck to you in resolving the situation! Rick

• 4. Re: PE8 Device Error
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Graeme

On what computer operating system are you running Premiere Elements 8?

a. Are you running program as 8.0.1 Update?

b. Do you have the automatic Background Rendering and AutoAnalzyer options disabled?

Let us explore

1. Where are the scratch disks pointed and how much free space is at the hard drive save location(s)?

(See Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks).

2. How much free hard drive space does your computer have, and how much installed/available RAM

does your computer have?

3. Have you placed stop markers in your Timeline content? If so, do you have one at the end of the last item

on that Timeline?

4. If you cannot burn to disc, can you burn to Folder (4.7 GB)? Please give that a try for troubleshooting purposes only.

Although that can give you a quick workaround coupled with ImgBurn, I would prefer to see you work through the burn to

disc issue.

Let us start here and then we can discuss this further in the morning.

ATR

• 5. Re: PE8 Device Error
                  Rellim Level 1

Dear ATR,

Thankyou for the reply. (Using Windows 7)

Point 3 Solved the problem.  When I saw that I realised that it was the only thing that I had done differently this time compared to all the others. Deleting the 'Stop Marker' fixed the problem.

• 6. Re: PE8 Device Error
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Rellim

Great news of your success overcoming your Device Error issue.

Typically the user sees a "Vobulator" error with the stop marker placed at the end of the last item of the Timeline content. But, there have been

exceptions to that error message for that event from time to time. So, glad I included that in the troubleshooting considerations. That stop marker

is not needed at that position and causes lots of problems when placed there.

Your follow up is appreciated by all.

Best wishes

ATR