2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2015 9:27 PM by JimHess

Mac Book Pro (2012) requirements for Lightroom

Udit_Jain

Hi,

I am looking forward to purchase a Mac mid 2012 model with below config:

i5, 4 GB Ram, Intel HD 4000. 500 GB without Retina Display.

I wanted to confirm whether this machine would be suitable for running Lightroom 5.7 and PS 7.0.

I would be using it mainly for image processing and not much video processing.

Any other suggestions are much appreciated.

Please note that I want to buy this for long term use. Also this specific model is the one that can be upgraded later.

TIA

Udit

• 1. Re: Mac Book Pro (2012) requirements for Lightroom
          Level 5

These are not questions for the Adobe Camera Raw forum but for the Lightrrom forum.

If you're using the ancient Photoshop 7.0, you'd better make sure your machine is an older PPC machine, because modern versions of OS X will simply NOT run Photoshop 7.x, as Rosetta has been deprecated since several versions ago,  The problem is that Lightroom will not run on such older machines.  Certainly the Mac Book you describe will nor run Photoshop 7.0/

4 GB is unrealistically little RAM these days.

• 2. Re: Mac Book Pro (2012) requirements for Lightroom
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Here is a link to the published system requirements:

System requirements | Lightroom

Take note that the requirements indicate a minimum of 2 GB of RAM. But anyone here will tell you that anything less than 8 GB is really going to put a strain on your system and on your Lightroom performance. You can try with 4 GB, but I can assure you that you will be coming here to ask what you can do to improve performance. You'll have to decide for yourself if you want this computer you are considering.