6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2015 10:06 AM by rkc51246

own LR5 hard copy plus have Cloud

rkc51246

Have hard copy LR5 registered; the got cloud which includes another LR5.

Logic would suggest I can have creative cloud on two separate computer (per rules of Adobe)

and should have 2 LRs .  I have a third laptop.  I would like to install either the cloud version or hard copy of LR on it.

I anticipate problems as Adobe might not be competent enough to recognize I have paid for two versions of LR and do not know which ones

they have recorded as installed.

I tied chat...not available.

This is both a Lr question and creative cloud question re registration.  Starting in LR as it it that product that I own rights to 2.

• 1. Re: own LR5 hard copy plus have Cloud
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Adobe doesn't have an activation process with Lightroom as they do with Photoshop. So you can use your Lightroom 5 standalone license to install on that the third laptop. Everything will work fine. However be aware that when Lightroom 6 is released, and you install it via the creative cloud, it may have new adjustments or settings that cannot be read on your Lightroom 5 installation on the third lap top. I believe Adobe does keep track of the number of installations you have of the creative cloud version and will not allow you to install it on more than two computers.

• 2. Re: own LR5 hard copy plus have Cloud
            rkc51246 Level 1

I had LR5 before the cloud....I installed on two computers; I then got cloud and installed on same two computers.  I would have to get rid of an installation of either the cloud or hard copy LR 5 I assume.  I envision trouble in doing that.

Any advice.

• 3. Re: own LR5 hard copy plus have Cloud

You shouldn't have any trouble. As I indicated previously, Lightroom doesn't have any kind of activation process on Lightroom standalone. They don't know how many times you have installed that standalone version. To be in full compliance with the license, you need to uninstall standalone Lightroom on the computers where you are using the cloud. But all you have to do is install the Lightroom 5 standalone on the third laptop.

• 4. Re: own LR5 hard copy plus have Cloud
                rkc51246 Level 1

I had LR5 before the cloud....I installed on two computers; I then got cloud and installed on same two computers.  I would have to get rid of an installation of either the cloud or hard copy LR 5 I assume.  I envision trouble in doing that.

Any advice.

• 5. Re: own LR5 hard copy plus have Cloud

I don't know how to put it any more plainly. Since you have Lightroom installed from the creative cloud on two computers, you don't need the standalone version on those same computers. You can uninstall the standalone version on those computers because you don't need it. That means that you have two installations  available from the standalone license that you can use on other computers. But be aware that Adobe doesn't keep track of how many times you have the standalone version installed. All you have to do is install the standalone version on that third laptop computer. End of story. It really is that simple. If you want to be in full compliance of the standalone license then you need to remove the standalone version from the computers where you are using the creative cloud.

• 6. Re: own LR5 hard copy plus have Cloud
                    rkc51246 Level 1

I got it the first time....just didnt think that I had replied to you.  Thanks, I indicated correct answer, too.