• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install Won't Complete

Participant ,
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to install the Flash Player 16x32 on my Dell Precision laptop running Windows 7 32 bit.

I have exactly the same problem attempting to install the Adobe Reader 11

I double-click on the installer and get no further screen information. When I open up the Task Manager I can see that the install isn't progressing as it should, it'll sit there, not progressing, for hours.

Adobe_Install.jpg

I have stopped Kaspersky (anti virus manager) but no luck; I have gone in to Safe Mode and tried the install from there but still no luck.

I'm at a loss as to what to try next, maybe you can offer some advice?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Hello,

For Flash Player, please try the full installer (instead of the shim installer you are using), posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page, in the 'Still having problems' section.

For Reader, please post your question on the Reader forum at https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For Flash Player, please try the full installer (instead of the shim installer you are using), posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page, in the 'Still having problems' section.

For Reader, please post your question on the Reader forum at https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your help; your suggestion worked perfectly...

I have never heard of a 'shim installer' and have no idea what that means. It's just a pity that when I went to find the installer that Adobe hadn't labelled it better.

Thanks again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines