1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 5, 2015 9:41 AM by Szalam

From AI to AE, save as different layers. BUT that would be 90 layers. Is there an alternative?

JonasMees

I want to import this AI file into AE. I want to start with normal letters, and accompanied by some other effects the pieces should spread apart as if the letters break.
      But for this i would have to save it as different layers in AI. These are 90 different pieces/layers...

just breaking them into random pieces in AE is no option, because i need them to be like the picture.

Is there an alternative to do this? Or anybody with a better solution?

profile picture.png

• 1. Re: From AI to AE, save as different layers. BUT that would be 90 layers. Is there an alternative?
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Precompose your text layer (or Illustrator file).

Apply the Shatter effect.

If you need them to be exactly like the picture, then you will have to have 90 different layers, but that's not really all that bad. It's only 90! I have had to work with many more than that before.

If you work smartly with them, it shouldn't take too long to animate this as you describe. Set a keyframe for the position of all 90 layers by selecting all of them and pressing alt+shift+p (or option+shift+p on a Mac). Then move forward (or back) in the timeline and start shifting each piece to where you want them. It would be pretty easy to select all of the keyframes where the pieces land in their final place and easy ease them (F9).