8 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2015 5:30 PM by Eimilia

Red Triangle w/Exclamation Point: WTF Does That Mean?

terminallyconfused

In the menu bar in the upper righthand corner of my screen, the Adobe Creative Cloud InDesign icon sports a red triangle containing an exclamation point. I assume that triangle indicates a problem of some sort -- but what? When I clicked on the InDesign icon, I didn’t see anything that told me what the trouble was. Does anybody have any idea what might be wrong and what I need to do about it? Thanks.

• 1. Re: Red Triangle w/Exclamation Point: WTF Does That Mean?
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Make a screen capture. Use the camera icon in the editing window of the forum software to attach the screen capture so we know what you're talking about.

• 2. Re: Red Triangle w/Exclamation Point: WTF Does That Mean?
            terminallyconfused Level 1

Hey, Steve. Many thanks for responding. The thing is, I stepped away from my computer for a couple of hours this afternoon and when I got back, the red triangle was gone. Hopefully whatever the problem was has somehow magically been resolved. If it recurs, I’ll make a screen capture so that you can see it for yourselves.

Again, thanks for taking the time to help.

• 3. Re: Red Triangle w/Exclamation Point: WTF Does That Mean?
              Eimilia

Screen Shot 2015-05-09 at 10.36.35 PM.png

I have this error symbol, too. Do we know what they are yet? I am a new user. Literally used Photoshop for the first time today. Does it have to do with creative cloud sync? When I click on the knot symbol at the upper edge of my screen to see any message about it, a window opens up but it is blank/no message. I was able to use these JPGs today and drop one into Twitter with no problem so I don't think the files are corrupt. Just maybe a little angry. (Oh and when I opened Photoshop today  it told me it couldn't give me all the bells and whistles (3D stuff) because ... I think it said I had too little space left on my computer. In reaction to that I've been deleting a bunch of old apps but it's a slow process.)

• 4. Re: Red Triangle w/Exclamation Point: WTF Does That Mean?
                Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

Open the CC app window. Most probably you may find the reason for the red triangle in the area Assets > Files.

I have it on a regular base as some CC programs are creating automatically invalid file names. Not your fault, it is a bug. In my case one of the CC programs was automatically creating an invisible file (I had to turn on them to be visible)  with not allowed characters, another time it tried to create another invisible file which still existed. There are variations of that bug. I had to delete them, and then it was running several weeks without a problem.

I did not find the cause of the problem otherwise I would have filed a bug report.

• 5. Re: Red Triangle w/Exclamation Point: WTF Does That Mean?
                  Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

In your case it is a user error, you have 2 different versions of the same file from different computers or due a synchronisation problem (e.g. lost network connection). You should check, which version is the correct one and delete the wrong version and rename correctly the remaining file.

BTW you need to run upgrades in you CC app (or use the Adobe Icon's update menu).

• 6. Re: Red Triangle w/Exclamation Point: WTF Does That Mean?
                    Eimilia Level 1

Screen Shot 2015-05-10 at 10.30.22 AM.png

The above is what happens when I doubleclick on the app or once on the icon--a blank popup. There is also an alias app and it does the same thing. Another funny thing is when I go to my account overview page there is this overview.billing_maintenance code thing going on. Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I will go on help/chat tomorrow morning.

Screen Shot 2015-05-10 at 10.33.12 AM.png

• 7. Re: Red Triangle w/Exclamation Point: WTF Does That Mean?
                      Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I would recommend quitting from the CC application. Click on the "gear" icon on the right and select Quit.

Then relaunch Adobe Creative Cloud from Applications > Adobe Creative Cloud folder. You'll probably to re-log in with your Adobe ID.

• 8. Re: Red Triangle w/Exclamation Point: WTF Does That Mean?
                        Eimilia Level 1

Hi Thanks. Good news. I closed all apps, rebooted my machine, and on my Creative Cloud files the red exclamation triangles were replaced with green checkmarks. It was clear from the Creative Cloud icon the green checks meant I needed to make updates, so those are now done and everything's happy. My accounts.adobe.com page is still wonky, but not life or death. Thanks again.