3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2015 1:48 PM by A.T. Romano

How can I re-install premiere elements 12 without cd or serial

amber654

My Packard Bell laptop came with Premiere Elements 12 pre-installed. I recently had to uninstall it due to problems but now find I cannot re-install as no CD/DVD or serial number was supplied with the laptop.

Can anyone suggest a solution please?

• 1. Re: How can I re-install premiere elements 12 without cd or serial
          A.T. Romano Level 7

amber654

If you have Premiere Elements 12 as a pre-install, then you do not have the installation files or the serial number at hand unless Packard Bell gave it to you at purchase of the computer.

1. To try to track down the serial number....go to Adobe web site http://www.adobe.com, sign in with your Adobe ID and password, in Search field type My Products. Then follow the My Products link to your products at Adobe. In the list of products that Adobe has listed for you, click on Adobe Premiere Elements 12 to reveal the serial number.

If we are lucky, that listing should have been established after Sign In at the end of the original installation. We hope. If not, no way.

2. If you need 12 installation files, then download and install the tryout files from the following link and insert your purchased serial number in them during installation.

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-12-direct-download-links-premiere.html

Just make sure that you read and carry out carefully the web site's Note: Very Important Instructions otherwise you will run into an Access Denied message.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...double check to determine if there is anything in the computer purchase agreement which entitles you to installation files and serial number from the

seller of the computer.

• 2. Re: How can I re-install premiere elements 12 without cd or serial
            amber654 Level 1

A T Romano,

Thanks very much for your response.  There are no products registered in My Adobe nor was I given any serial number when I purchased the laptop.  So currently I'm chasing Packard Bell as the software was pre-installed in the machine on purchase. 

Adobe cannot help as the software was not directly purchased by me.

I will try and find the purchase agreement to check for entitlement to installation files.

thanks

John

• 3. Re: How can I re-install premiere elements 12 without cd or serial
              A.T. Romano Level 7

John

Thanks for the reply.

This type of pre-installed software has typically been a no win situation for the user - no help from the seller or the computer and no help from the manufacturer of

the pre-installed software. The major hope was that somehow that serial number got recorded at Adobe under your Adobe account and password in the My Products section.

Please update us on your progress.

Best wishes

ATR