1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 5, 2015 1:10 PM by A.T. Romano

Cannot Update Premiere Elements 8

Randy_Q

My Premiere Elements 8 start up screens says there is an update, 8.0.1

downloaded the zipped folder

extracted a single file

double clicked on the update application and immediately a dialog box came up that said this program is up to date

I restarted my computer, opened Premiere Elements 8 once again and the start up screen still shows the update has not been installed

• 1. Re: Cannot Update Premiere Elements 8
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Randy_Q

You can download and install the Premiere Elements 8.0.1 update with the program closed. It can be obtained from the following link

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4653

Better that way than trying for any Help Menu/Updates.

Have you been there and done that?

For reasons known only to Adobe, it opted to create this update so that after installation there were no "8.0.1" notations in the program.

You need to be satisfied with a message to the effect "install successful". Perhaps, the major indicator of successful installation is the

automatic Background Render feature being disabled in preferences. As I recall, there may be one file buried away on the hard drive that

may have been added.

Major thoughts - run Premiere Elements 8.0.1 with the automatic Background Rendering and AutoAnalzyer disabled. The 8.0.1 should

automatically disable the Background Rendering preference. But, that AutoAnalyzer needs to be disabled by you in the program's Elements Organizer

8 workspace under its Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoAnalzyer Options.

Please let us know if you have any further questions on this or need clarification.

Thank you.

ATR