• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash enabled via desktop experience, still not work, why??

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have Windows Server 2012 R2 servers.

I enabled Desktop Experience via PowerShell, I checked the Flash addon is enabled, I cleaned out the cache folders, I did everything I could find...

Flash still does not work!!

I even updated and restarted the testing server -- still no Flash when I visit the Adobe Flash Help page.

What do I do now??

This is on a test server that never had Flash on it before installing the Desktop Experience to enable Flash.

The other servers have had the IE plugin installed, and this plugin can be removed.

I have already run Windows Update to get Flash and IE updated.

Thank you, Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Hello,

Have you tried adding the website to the 'Trusted Sites' list? I've enabled Desktop Experience (via Server Manager and PowerShell) on a Windows Server 2012 and was prompted to add the site (helpx.adobe.com) to the Trusted Sites list to have the page (http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.html) display the flash content.  Windows Servers have tighter security restrictions and I often find I have to add sites to the Trusted Sites list to have content display.

--

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Have you tried adding the website to the 'Trusted Sites' list? I've enabled Desktop Experience (via Server Manager and PowerShell) on a Windows Server 2012 and was prompted to add the site (helpx.adobe.com) to the Trusted Sites list to have the page (http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.html) display the flash content.  Windows Servers have tighter security restrictions and I often find I have to add sites to the Trusted Sites list to have content display.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You saved my life!!

That did the trick.

Althought it means adding 1,344,334 sites to 'Trusted Sites' going forward since we must do this via group policy...until I can figure out how to allow end users to add sites to 'Trusted Sites'

Now to install Desktop Experience and do more testing...

Thank you, Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines