1 2 Previous Next 64 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2015 2:42 PM by A.T. Romano

No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer

jasperthesiamese Level 1

I have been waiting for the Premier to work and now Aranjun got it working for me however now I cant hear my videos in the organizer?

I can now get into the Editor which I couldnt do before but now its the sound I cant hear at all in the organizer ?

The files are AVCHD (MTS) files so they are not old videos. Im sure that there is a quick fix for this problem but I am unable to find it on the forums anywhere, or on google?

am in the organizer not in the editor? I have checked on You tube and the tutorials always show sound when they are checking their videos in the organizer? I can also hear them fine when I play them back from my hard drive.

• 1. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

Great news that Adobe Staff found the solution to allow you to work in the Premiere Elements 13 Editor. Could you share with us the key to the solution if not all the details?

At this time, can you import the AVCHD.mts video with audio into the Premiere Elements 13 Editor and get video and audio? I am assuming that is the case.

As for the Elements Organizer 13...there are known issues with getting sound from a video audio file imported into it.

a. If you import your AVCHD.mts file into the Elements Organizer 13, do you get a thumbnail for it, and does this thumbnail have an image from the video in it?

b. If you double click the video's thumbnail, does the Elements Organizer player open to give you video if not sound...I am assuming that the answer is yes.

When you import a file into the Premiere Elements Editor, a copy is automatically placed in the Elements Organizer. Let us try that route to find out if the file gotten

into the Elements Organizer that way works whereas importing the file into the Elements Organizer directly does not.

The other maneuver is to rename just the file extension of the file before import of the file into the Elements Organizer. Please look at

AVCHD.mts renamed to

AVCHD.mp4

AVCHD.mov

When looking at YouTube video tutorials, please confirm that the video tutorial are being demo'd with the Premiere Elements version with which you are

working. The irregularities of the Elements Organizer workspace vary from version to version. There has been a lot written about this matter in the threads

that have appeared here. Many of the troubleshooting scenarios refute that there is a codec that is not installed on the computer.

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
            jasperthesiamese Level 1

Hi ATR

The route that they took was to delete a SLCache file. Apparantly this had corrupted the licencing download and Arunjun called me and did it within 5 minutes so I was very impressed

With regards to my problem with sound in the organizer, I have transferred them into the Editor and I can hear the sound but the playback is very jerky and choppy and so its impossible for me to edit but if you want me to do another post for this question i can do?

I am using Windows 8 system

I do have thumbnails listed and yes I can open them to playback but no sound

I have now deleted the files and opened new ones directly into Editor and then clicked into the organizer and still no sound?

You mentioned renaming files? Do I rightclick on a thumbnail video in my hard drive and name it? Is that what you mean?

At the minute they are all numbered such as 00032 , 00048 etc?

The video I am wating is a Premier elements 13 tutorial with which I have a trial version

• 3. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
              A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

Thanks for the reply. Please continue the discussions in this thread.

Thanks for the details of the Adobe Staff fix involving the Premiere Elements 13 Editor not opening and the SLCache Folder. The SLCache Folder and SLStore Folder fix

was mentioned by me in post 33 of the thread, but I guess you decided not to try that and wait for Adobe Staff on Monday.

Since it did not matter whether the file came into the Elements Organizer direct or via the Premiere Elements Editor, we are left with trying to rename the file extension

of the file prior to import into Elements Organizer 13.

What I had in mind there was the following....

1. At the level of the hard drive save location for the 00032.mts (for example), rename just the file extension so that you rename 00032.mts to 00032.mp4. Then import the 00032.mp4 into the Elements Organizer 13. It does work. I have road tested this one using my AVCHD.mts, no sound in Elements Organizer 13 playback; AVCHD.mp4 version of AVCHD.mts, sound in Elements Organizer 13 playback.

If you do not see the file extension in the file name, you probably have that option to see file extensions disabled. In that case, you need to find File Explorer on your

Windows 8 computer and follow through there to the Folder Options dialog. In the Folder Options dialog, click on the View Tab, and then scroll down and make sure that you do not have selected the option "Hide extensions for known file types".

Please give that a look.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                jasperthesiamese Level 1

Morning ATR

I right clicked the MTS file and that said 00011 and renamed it 00011.mp4 and that still didn't give any sound when imported into the organizer?

I found the folder options and the selection for "Hide extensions known for this known file type" was ticked so I have now unticked this and tried again but still no sound?

Jilly

• 5. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

Thanks for the reply. I was 99.9999% sure that was going to work. I tried that on an AVCHD.mts and its renamed AVCHD.mp4 in both Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 7 and 8.1 64 bit.

Any chance you could send a small sample of one of those video clips for me to test in my Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 7 and 8.1 64 bit?

You might do that sending the sample in a Dropbox link that you post in your reply. I am OK at opening that kind of link, but I do not have Dropbox so I am

not up to date on how to setup the Dropbox link for posting.

Some camera give the option to record the AVCHD video compression .mts or .mp4 file extension. Does your camera give you those choices? If so, how

does the AVCHD.mp4 from your camera play back in the Elements Organizer 13?

ATR

• 6. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                    jasperthesiamese Level 1

Hi ATR

I tried to download the Dropbox and it put a shortcut on my PC but when I went into it, it gave me four options

.dropbox.cache

.Dropbox

desktop.ini

getting started

Double click on the dropbox cache and I get hidden, prefetch cache and temp hidden

Double click on the dropbox and it says "How do you want this file to be opened?

Double click on desktop ini and it comes uip with a white box

Getting starter brings up a back box that looks like its going to open but doesnt but leaves a tab at the bottom of my screen but when I tryo open it, it just wont open?

It looks like I have problems downloading anything really?

I dont get any choices as far as I am aware?

• 7. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

Thanks for trying the Dropbox link idea. We can talk about alternative sending using the Adobe private message route, but first let us explore the following:

1. What is the brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded your video AVCHD.mts? Perhaps I can find a sample from that

camera in one of the online reviews of the camera.

2. Does your camera permit you to select from AVCHD.mts and AVCHD.mp4 recording? If so, could you try for a small video with AVCHD.mp4

and determine how that works in your Elements Organizer 13?

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                        jasperthesiamese Level 1

Hi ATR

The camera is a Sony Cybershot DSCHX20V

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Cyber-shot-DSC-HX20V-Super-Advanced-Optical/dp/B007DDCVM2

I don't think the camera allows me to choose any settings for video?

I have read that if you can play a video in media player then it should work in Premier Elements?

The camera isnt that old?

Thanks for looking

• 9. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

According to your camera specification, the camera "should" allow you to record the AVCHD as .mts or .mp4. Please look into the specifications and features of your camera to determine if you can try for the AVCHD.mp4 which should have the AAC audio not the Dolby Digital that the AVCHD.mts is expected to have.

For now, I have found some samples from the camera that I am in the process of downloading - the first is supposed to be AVCHD.mts.

By the way, what is the frame rate of your AVCHD.mts - 50 progressive frames per second, 25 progressive frames per second, or something else?

ATR

• 10. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                            jasperthesiamese Level 1

Hi ATR

Its is 50 frames per second

• 11. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

Elements Organizer 13

I have download 1080p60 two files from your brand/model/camera (could not get the 1080p50 counterparts) and imported them into Elements Organizer 13 and looked at

a. the presence of a video thumbnail in the Elements Organizer 13

and

b. whether the file played back in the Elements Organizer 13 with both video and sound.

I found

a. Two different AVCHD.mts files (with AVCHD video compression and AC-3 audio) each presented with thumbnail and with video frame displayed in thumbnail.

b. Those two different AVCHD.mts files each played back in the Elements Organizer 13 player with video but no sound.

c. If I renamed the AVCHD.mts to AVCHD.mp4 before import of the file into Elements Organizer 13, the AVCHD.mp4 played back in the Elements Organizer 13

with video and with sound.

The above was the same whether Elements Organizer 13 was on Windows 7 64 bit or Windows 8.1 64 bit.

By comparison to other versions of Premiere Elements (11 and 12 on the same computer as 13 with the same players installed), a case cannot be made for all this being due to a "missing codec" and that installing a particular codec would be the fix.

I would encourage you to try to record to AVCHD.mp4 (with AAC) instead of AVCHD.mts (with Dolby Digital) with your camera to determine if this will avoid the "no sound" issue of Elements Organizer 13 for your video source. Reverting back to an earlier version of Elements Organizer I find is not the answer, and this tactic introduces further issues and other contradictions.

ATR

• 12. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                                jasperthesiamese Level 1

Good morning ATR

I have searched on the Adobe website and found the Format and Extensions for Premier import and they are below with the files that I am using?

I am not a technical person and so this is really difficult for me to spend hours trying to get software to work

Whilst I appreciate your help in this, I can see that you even type technical which I have to then type into Google what you have written to try to get answers

This I shouldn't have to do to find a solution

Like I said I appreciate your help but I have been trying to get this piece of software working since Christmas day which is ridiculolous

Only one member if staff has contacted me and he sorted my problem within 5 minutes

Where is a member of staff now?

I am encouraged to find my solution to my problem through a forum with other people that are having problems!!

Why is that?

It should be staff that can help and solve the problem? After all this their business and company

I have a trial version of this and refuse to keep downloading extra software to get one piece of software to work!!

When I go online to get support I have to choose certain options which sometimes only give me the option to go to a forum!! Why? I should be able to solve my problem straight way, not spend hours on line typing in my problem

There is hours time difference so when you kindly reply back to me, I have been to work for hours and come back and then, like I say it's very hard for me to understand

Adobe have their support mission, well that is nonexistent as far as I can see

The chat people are not technical and transfer to another member who once again isn't technical;?

These are people that need help and are not getting it!! Absouiltely crazy and I will be moving to another video converter if I cant find an easy way of video editing

Like say I don't want you to think that I am bleating on about you as I am not. You have replied back to so many people but really it should be adobe staff that reply back and support their customers

I will be taking this further as I have spent so many hours in front of this computer trying to decipher emails to know what they mean and try to make this damn thing work

I spent days over Christmas in front of this computer when I should have been with my family

Arunjun, who helped me from Adobe within five minutes did mention in his message that I could send him a person message but I don't know how to do this ?

Anyone help me that will make this software work straight way

Format and filename extension

3GPP (.3gp, .3g2)

Adobe Shockwave Flash (.swf)

Audio Video Interleave (.avi)

AVCHD (.m2ts, .mts)

DV stream (.dv)

H.264 (.mp4, .m4v)

H.264-encoded QuickTime (.mov, .mp4, .m4v)

MOD (.mod)

MPEG-1 (.m1v, .mpeg, .mpe)

MPEG-2 (.m2v, .mp2, .mpg)

MPEG-2 Transport Stream (.m2t)

QuickTime (.mov)

TOD (.tod)

Video Object (DVD video) (.vob)

Windows Media (.wmv) *

These are export?

Video file formats - export

Format and filename extension

3GPP (.3gp, .3g2)

Audio Video Interleave (.avi) *

H.264 (.mp4)

H.264-encoded QuickTime (.mov, .mp4)

MPEG-1 (.mpeg)

MPEG-2 (.mpg)

MPEG-2 Transport Stream (.m2t)

QuickTime (.mov)

Video Object (DVD video) (.vob)

Windows Media (.wmv) *

• 13. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                                  Dogjonb

Good Morning ATR,

I am experiencing a very similar bug in PSE 13 64 bit Windows 7 with .MTS files and .DV files that the official Adobe documentation confirms should be supported in PSE.  The files worked fine in PSE9 and work fine in Windows Player.  I have so far experienced appalling Support from Adobe and so a fellow customer in the Photoshop Forum spoke very highly of you and suggested I contact you to see if you can help.  It appears to me that this issue is common to Photoshop and Premiere possibly as a result of using common sub-software.

Here is a link to this very similar thread.... Elements 13 (64 bit): No sound on .mts video - works in Elements 11

I would be very grateful if you could highlight this bug to someone in Adobe to resolve.

• 14. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Dogjonb

There are problems in the Elements Organizer 13 that are inherent to it and demand Adobe attention. We are not Adobe. Rather user to user. I am not affiliated with Adobe in anyway. No insider information. There is an Adobe Feature Request Bug Report Form that you could fill out. But that is not likely an immediate fix.

Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

The frequency of Adobe presence in this forum is not defined, although it tends to pop up at the time of a new release to address specific issues. It is unknown to us what particular recent version issues trigger such appearances.

If you are experiencing AVCHD.mts or other format issues in your Elements Organizer 13, please start your own new thread specific to your situation. But, in the end, it is likely to turn out to be "it is what it is" until Adobe provides a fix for all of it.

If you have read all my reply numbered 11 to Jasper and want to exchange troubleshooting information in your own new thread, please supply the brand/model/settings for your camera and the results that you are getting when you try to import one of your AVCHD.mts or other problem files into the Elements Organizer 13. Is your problem there basically no audio for the Elements Organizer 13 or no video and no audio or even no thumbnail with or without an image from the video in it?

We will go the extra mile to try to help.

ATR

• 15. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Jasper

If you wish to contact Adobe via your prior contact with Adobe Staff (A. Kubba/Arjun), you could try clicking on the following link to A.Kubba's profile and there click on the orange message link to initiate an email to A.Kubba/Arjun).

A.Kubba

This information is not insider information but can be obtained from information in one of your other threads.

As for your comments about your Premiere Elements 13/Elements Organizer 13 experiences, I am not insensitive to your situation.

However, your comments have forced me to comment accordingly.

1. Under the circumstances, there are no 5 minutes fixes by Adobe or me. Even Arjun entered your situation by suggesting that you go for fresh installs, not renaming SLCache Folder or other. Troubleshooting is built on steps based on the details/results that you supply. By the time your situation got to Adobe, there was a wealth of background troubleshooting information/results to draw on, even included was the suggested fix by me when your replies offered details that supported that.

2. I have downloaded files from your brand/model camera and given you first hand results and confirmed the Elements Organizer 13 player no audio in AVCHD.mts from the brand/model camera that you use. (See post 11). For me, renaming the file extension to .mp4 before import of the file into Elements Organizer 13 on Windows 7 and 8.1 64 bit worked for me to get audio and video for the file in the player of the Elements Organizer 13. You say that did not work for you. My other suggestion was for you to try recording your video from your camera with its AVCHD.mp4 choice and using that as the source file (for troubleshooting purposes at this point). There was nothing technical in all that in the language or execution of it.

We will be watching for your progress.

ATR

• 16. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                                        Dogjonb Level 1

ATR,

Thanks for your reply and clarification of your role.  Earlier this week I reported this as a bug to Adobe (no acknowledgment) on the form you sent me as well as reporting it via chat to their Technical Support (transcript can be found in my link above) and have also contributed to a relevant thread regarding Photoshop Elements Organizer 13 to which I gave you a link to if that helps you here in any way.  Simply renaming the file extensions from .MTS to .MP4 or .MOV and reimporting them also did not work for me in the Photoshop Elements Organiser 13.

Jasper

I 100% agree with your comments relating to Adobe's customer support which is less than useless, primarily relying on keeping customers occupied in self-help forums that are never going to be able to resolve real bugs since we have no access to the source code and are not all software developers.  This is what we customers have paid Adobe for and in my opinion they have simply failed to deliver.  In the meantime it seems customers can only hope for a random Adobe presence in the forum to enlighten us...

Best Regards,

dogjonb

• 17. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                                          jasperthesiamese Level 1

Good morning ATR

Thank you for your comments bck and like I said I am not blaming you at all for my frustrations as you have been very helpful if not a little too complicated for me

Anyway I changed my cameras settings to MP4 and took a video recording and it DID work with the volune into the organizer so thank you so much for that advise

So now all I have to is record in MP4 and not AVHCD

i then tried my new file in the Video Editor to see if it was jerky and it wasn't yeh!!!

Thank you so much ATR What a star you are!!

Can I ask you another question though?

I have files that i wanted to put on a disc and work with in Premeier Elements 13

They are , as we mentioned in MTS format. Am I able to do a copy of these files in MP4 format yet still keep the original?

I also have some old files which are 5 years old and they are in 3GP File. Can I convert them and if so, which is the best converter to use?

Once again thank you for your help.

Jilly

• 18. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

Thank you for the reply a great news that your AVCHD.mp4 recorded from your camera worked for you in the Elements Organizer 13 as well as in the Premiere Elements 13 Editor.

As for your existing AVCHD.mts files...you should be able to import them into a Premiere Elements 13 project set with the correct project preset and export them to AVCHD.mp4 files saved to your computer hard drive. See Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD and preset for the appropriate MP4 H.264.....p25 choice. So much as been discussed between us, please remind me if the following are correct for your source AVCHD.mts

1920 x 1080

@ 25 progressive frames per second

Do you know the bitrate setting that was used by your camera when these were recorded. If not, I will need to dig into your camera's specifications to find out.

With all that information we can customize the export settings so that the Premiere Elements export (AVCHD.mp4) comes a close as possible in quality to the AVCHD.mts version. However, remember that your AVCHD.mts had Dolby Digital audio. This Premiere Elements AVCHD.mp4 export will have AAC audio as did the AVCHD.mp4 the you recorded from your camera and worked.

Are you OK with the above? If not, please let me know where you are not and I will clarify.

If you have QuickTime installed on your computer, you should be able to import the 3GP files into a Premiere Elements 13 project and export to .mp4 or other format.

However, for specific instructions and settings, I would need to know more about the properties of these files, such as, frame size, frame rate, i (interlaced) or p (progressive), 4:3 or

16:9. These files are probably from a cell phone. Cell phone video often records the video so that the frame rate does not remain the same from the start to finish of the

video...it varies often because of the lighting. Premiere Elements often has problems with that type of video. It prefers the video whose frame rate stays the same from start

to finish. Here I am suggesting

a. try to import one of these 3GP files into your Premiere Elements project and determine if it imports. If it does import, determine if the audio and video are in sync.

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 19. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                                              jasperthesiamese Level 1

Hi ATR

I am sorry I don't know what you mean by the below?

See Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD and preset for the appropriate MP4 H.264.....p25 choice. ? 1920 x 1080

@ 25 progressive frames per second

Where am I looking? Is it my computer, Premier Elements, hard drive etc?

I have looked on Google to see what you mean but cant find it?

I have looked up on the video files and they are 26438kbps? Hope that's correct

The 3GP are certainly a cell phone and they are 10 frames per second

Frame Width 176

Frame Height 144

Length 00.01:13

It doesn't mention progressive or interlaced?

Thanks ATR

• 20. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

On Computer Hard Drive

Based on the information supplied, this is your camera's video saved to your computer hard drive

1920 x 1080 @ 25 progressive frames per second and with a bitrate of 26438 kbps (same as 26.4 Mbps).

In Premiere Elements Editor

1. Open Premiere Elements 13 Editor to the Expert workspace and have the project preset set to the following

by you (manually) or the program (automatically)

PAL

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p25

2. Import your video from the hard drive into Premiere Elements project using Premiere Elements' Expert workspace Add Media/Files Folders

which will put the video in Project Assets. Then drag the video from Project Assets to the Timeline Video 1/Audio1. If you are letting the

project set the project preset automatically, you should have nothing to do but just drag the video to the Timeline. You are OK if the project

does it right and set the project preset described above. To check what the project has set, go to Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and make

sure that Editing Mode = DLSR and Timebase = 25.00 frames per second. If not, then we have to go into all the details of how you set the project

preset manually yourself before you import your video into the project.

3. When you get to export your file...go to the Publish+Share section of the project and go the route Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD.

Where it says Presets, set Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p25. Name the file and designate the hard drive save location for this export.

In the screenshot, I have left the file name as Untitled and saved the file to my computer Desktop.

jasper.JPG

Clicking on the tiny triangle to the right of the Presets field opened the drop down list to choose

from for the export preset.

jasperfirst.jpg

Are you OK with the above. If further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Save yourself the Google time. Exploration and experimentation of of the program

is great but right now we need to expedite matters to keep things moving along to give you confidence in the program. There is more to discuss...Advanced Video and Audio settings and such, but let us get the above working first. We might have to use these Advanced settings to adjust the bitrate of the preset if your export file size is too large.

That 3GB has extremely low resolution 176 x 144 and low frame rate (10 frames per second) as compared to these .mp4 files (1920 x 1080 @ 25 frames per second). I am thinking about what to do with them if they import at all.

Are we OK so far?

ATR

• 21. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                                                  jasperthesiamese Level 1

Hi ATR

You have said the below (Based on the information supplied, this is your camera's video saved to your computer hard drive

1920 x 1080 @ 25 progressive frames per second and with a bitrate of 26438 kbps (same as 26.4 Mbps).

The frame rate is 50 frames/second?

Data rate is 26268kbps and Total Bitrates is 26524kbps although some video files are different Bitrates?

Then you asked me do the below?

1. Open Premiere Elements 13 Editor to the Expert workspace and have the project preset set to the following

by you (manually) or the program (automatically)

PAL

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p25

So I have opened Elements Editor and gone to the Expert workspace but do I have to add the video to be able to change the settings or can I change them before I add them?

As you have put this in step 1 and then step 2 to add the video and I can't find anywhere to change the project Preset?

Could you explain where that would be?

I will start with that so far. Small things first for me

Jilly

• 22. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

Latest Instructions To Correspond To Latest Details

On Computer Hard Drive

Based on the information supplied, this is your camera's video saved to your computer hard drive

1920 x 1080 @ 50 progressive frames per second and with a bitrate of 26438 kbps (same as 26.4 Mbps).

In Premiere Elements Editor

1. Open Premiere Elements 13 Editor to the Expert workspace, go to Add Media/Files and Folders/ to get your 1080p50

video into Project Assets. From Project Assets, drag the file from there to the Timeline Video 1/Audio 1.

2. Go to Editing Menu/Project Settings/General and see what the readings are for Editing Mode and Timebase. If they are

Editing Mode = "AVCHD 1080p square pixels" and Timebase = "50.00 frames/seconds", great. You are ready to proceed.

If not, you need to stop, open a new project and set the project preset manually as described in the following.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Accuracy of Automatic Project Preset (New Project Dialog) Setting

More details, but necessary to get this done right.

The project preset needs to be set by project automatically (if it does it right) or you (manually) if the project does not do it right  to PAL/AVCHD/AVCHD 1080p50. If you

you to the set the project preset manually, you do that (File Menu/New/Project) and then afterward import the file into the project (Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets to Timeline)

Assuming that the project preset is set as described, you have your video on the Timeline edited or not edited, onward

to export in the Publish+Share section of the program.

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p25 (...don't worry, this is going to be customized as your follow the instructions sequentially)

When you get to export your file...go to the Publish+Share section of the project and go the route Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD.

Where it says Presets, set Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p25. Name the file and designate the hard drive save location.

In the screenshot, I have left the file name as Untitled and saved the file to my computer Desktop.

jasper.JPG

Clicking on the tiny triangle to the right of the Presets field opened the drop down list to choose

jasperfirst.jpg

We are going to customize that 1920 x 1080p25 to 1920 x 1080p50 by clicking on the Advanced Button/Video Tab of that preset and setting the Video Tab field essentials as per the following screenshot

MoreJasper.JPG

Tip: To the right of the Frame Rate and Frame Height fields is a small box. If you see a chain link within the box, click on it to get rid

of it so that you can type in 1920 for Frame Width and 1080 for Frame Height. Leave the Bitrate settings as it for now rather than changing

both of them to 26 or 27. Do not worry of the bitrate of the original AVCHD.mts files coming from the camera are "slightly" different from one another.

When you click OK to the Export Settings dialog, you will get a Change Name dialog for the customized preset settings...just type in a name...do

nothing else, then click OK. Before you hit Save for the export, verify that the details shown are what you set. Hit Save.

Are we OK so far?

ATR

• 23. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                                                      jasperthesiamese Level 1

Morning ATR

In the below of what you asked me to look at, I am looking into the part that says 2. In the New Project Dialog that opens, select the project preset that best matches the properties of your source media. And, make sure that there is a check mark next to "Force selected Project setting on this project". Click OK to exit the New Project Dialog.

<http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/04/pe11-accuracy-of-automatic-project.html> ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Accuracy of Automatic Project Preset (New Project Dialog) Setting

I cant see anything that matches that description?

Editing mode is greyed out, Timebase is greyed out?

I can only click Frame size, Horizontal, Title safe area, Display format

There is nothing there saying "force selected project setting on this project"

I am in the Project settings with no video clip in there as yet ?

I have also gone to the New project in the File menu and it comes up with New project box with the name , save in, Project settings as NTSC-AVCHD-FULL HD 1080.30

Then a change settings box, an ok button and a change settings button

I went into change settings and into PAL/AVCHD/AVCHD 1080p50 and then I clicked ok?

I also clicked Force selected project settings on this project and clicked ok

Then I got an MTS file and dragged them into Video1/audio 1 and they were jerky?

Do I have to change them to MP4 before I can edit them?

I havent done the parts below as yet as I am off to work but can you let me know if I am doing ok with this and if not what I have done wrong so far?

Jilly

Assuming that the project preset is set as described, you have your video on the Timeline edited or not edited, onward

to export in the Publish+Share section of the program.

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p25 (...don't worry, this is going to be customized as your follow the instructions sequentially)

When you get to export your file...go to the PublishShare section of the project and go the route PublishShare/Computer/AVCHD.

Where it says Presets, set Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p25. Name the file and designate the hard drive save location.

https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-7078734-713898/448-348/jasper .JPG

https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-7078734-713899/446-580/jasper first.jpg

We are going to customize that 1920 x 1080p25 to 1920 x 1080p50 by clicking on the Advanced Button/Video Tab of that preset and setting the Video Tab field essentials as per the following screenshot

https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-7078734-713897/MoreJasper.JPG <https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-7078734-713897/MoreJasper.JPG

Tip: To the right of the Frame Rate and Frame Height fields is a small box. If you see a chain link within the box, click on it to get rid

of it so that you can type in 1920 for Frame Width and 1080 for Frame Height. Leave the Bitrate settings as it for now rather than changing

both of them to 26 or 27. Do not worry of the bitrate of the original AVCHD.mts files coming from the camera are "slightly" different from one another.

When you click OK to the Export Settings dialog, you will get a Change Name dialog for the customized preset settings...just type in a name...do

nothing else, then click OK. Before you hit Save for the export, verify that the details shown are what you set. Hit Save.

Are we OK so far?

ATR

• 24. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

Part 1.

When you are trying to let the project set the project preset manually.....

Important. When you do the following

1. Open Premiere Elements 13 Editor to the Expert workspace, go to Add Media/Files and Folders/ to get your 1080p50

video into Project Assets. From Project Assets, drag the file from there to the Timeline Video 1/Audio 1.

2. Go to Editing Menu/Project Settings/General and see what the readings are for Editing Mode and Timebase. If they are

Editing Mode = "AVCHD 1080p square pixels" and Timebase = "50.00 frames/seconds", great.

Whether or not the Editing Mode and Timebase fields look grayed out, what do they show

Editing Mode = "AVCHD 1080p square pixels" and Timebase = "50.00 frames/seconds"

When you do the check for this information in Edit Menu/Project Settings/General, you should see

ProjectSettingsp50.JPG

Part 2.

When you are setting the project preset manually because the automatic way did not do it right.....

Before you import the 1080p50 video, File Menu/New/Project and Change Settings

In Change Settings, you should see and set PAL AVCHD AVCHD 1080p50

PALp50.JPG

After you select the PAL/AVCHD/AVCHD 1080p50 choice and click OK to get out of that area, you will next see

the new project dialog with your setting and an option "Force Selected Project Setting on this Project" (make

sure that option has a check mark next to it. Then click OK in the new project dialog.

NewProjectDialogp50.JPG

Then you go to the Expert workspace and import your 1080p50 video into the project.

Please review the above. The major question here is did you (manually) or the project (automatically) set what should have

been the correct project preset to match the properties of your 1080p50 source?

Thanks.

ATR

• 25. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                                                          jasperthesiamese Level 1

Hi ATR

I have done step 1

Step 2 I have gone to the project settings it does show Editing Mode AVCHD 1080p square pixel and in Timebase it shows 50.00 frames/second and yes it shows as per your link

Part 2

So I gather now I need to delete the file that I dragged onto Video 1/Audio 1? I have done this> And then reloaded the Editor under new project

Because I changed the settings this morning in that New project , change settings it doesn't have a tick nest to it but it is telling me that the project already exists?

So does this answer the question of did you (manually) or the project (automatically) set what should have

been the correct project preset to match the properties of your 1080p50 source?

And if so what does that mean for my projects?

• 26. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

From the information supplied, you have confirmed that the project can set the project preset correctly and you do not need to open a new project to set the

project preset manually.

Details...

If you have completed "1" and have found the project settings with the Editing Mode and Timebase as stated

Editing Mode = "AVCHD 1080p square pixels" and Timebase = "50.00 frames/seconds"

then you go

from

Edit Menu/Project Settings/General where you have been viewing the information

to

Expert workspace Timeline Video 1/Audio 1 where your video now resides if you have followed the instructions of "1".

If you view your video on the Timeline Video 1/Audio 1 and see an orange line over that content, then press the Render button above

that Timeline content. The orange line will turn green. However, it is the expectation that you will not see an orange line if you have done nothing

but drag the file to the Timeline up to this point. You should see no colored line.

At this point, how does the Timeline content play back in the Edit area monitor either with green line over it or no colored line over it?  If OK, you are ready to edit your video or move it on to the Publish+Share section for export. More details on rendering Timeline later. Let us handle the above information as is first.

Are we together on the above?

ATR

• 27. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                                                              jasperthesiamese Level 1

Hi ATR

I have put a video in the Editor and yes it does have an orange line in the Video /Audio 1 area

I went to Timeline at the top of the screen and clicked Render work area, (although there is a box called Render on the same line as the play buttons) but I clicked the one in the Timeline area. It came with a box saying rendering project and went through the vidoe t fast speed

The orange line is till orange though? It is not green? This is an MP4 video? That's correct isn't it?

Are you wanting me to add a MTS file or am I only able to add MP4?

When I play the video on the large screen there is no orange/green bar and all it says is the trial display?

Have I done something wrong ?

Jilly

• 28. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Jilly

Thanks for the continuing follow up.

1. The orange line that you should be looking at is demonstrated in the following screenshot.

OrangeLine.jpg

Are you looking at the orange line pointed to in the screenshot? Not the orange line (called rubberband within the clip)?

2. From all that has been written so far, you should be able to import and use either the .mts or .mp4 or both in your Timeline content.

The concern about .mts was strictly related to using that type of file in the Elements Organizer player. You were not getting sound there, only video. Right?

ATR

• 29. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                                                                  jasperthesiamese Level 1

Hi ATR

Sorry I did get the wrong orange line. The orange line that you have pointed out in the screenshot is indeed orange and not green

I have uploaded a MTS file in the Editor and also an MP4 file. The MP4 file plays ok but the MTS file is jerky so I am unable to edit this one.

I have gone back to the organiser and I can hear sound in MP4 files but not the MTS files

I then went back to your previous email and went to the Timeline Menu and clicked Render work area and the line turned green and stayed green whilst it played back

There was no jerkiness in either the MTS or MP4 files

I then deleted these files and chose new ones and there was the orange line again?

So when I played back the files, the MP4 played ok but the MTS was jerky?

Do I have to Render the work area for every single project?

Thanks for your help ATR

• 30. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Jilly

Sounds like progress. Great news.

Timeline render is just a preview matter. You do not have to do it, but it is your window of opportunity to catch a problem sooner than later. It is particularly indicated for titles, transitions, effects, and non native formats.

Even if you import a video into a project and there is no colored line over it at that moment, once you edit that video, you will get the orange line.

That is the program telling you that you do not have the best possible preview of what you are seeing in the playback of that video in the

Edit area monitor. So, if you want the best possible preview, you use Timeline Menu/Render Work Area or press the Render button above the Timeline, to "render" the Timeline content to give you that best possible preview. When the Timeline rendering is complete, the orange line with turn green. Timeline rendering is not the same as exporting which is often referred to as rendering. Timeline rendering and export rendering are two different things. Every time you make a new edit in the previously Timeline rendered video, back comes the orange line with all its previewing implications. More rendering if you want the best possible preview for this latest condition for the video.

And, there will be times when you may become annoyed because, after you save close a project which you have Timeline rendered (green line over content), you may reopen the project to find an "unrendered" look, that is, orange line over what you last saw as green. That is another story...short answer render again all or part of or move on in the project, remembering Timeline rendering is for preview purposes and is not a fixer of video problems if any.

My recollection is that you are doing what you are doing now using a project where the project preset was set by the project automatically based on the properties of your first source video that went to the Timeline. Now that you have reviewed the location of the orange line, please go back to where you were evaluating the decision whether to let the project set the project preset manually or you setting yourself manually. I will help you with this by asking you to post what you now have showing under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio even if the fields might look grayed out.

Thanks.

ATR

• 31. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                                                                      jasperthesiamese Level 1

Hi ATR

Thank you for replying

Here is a screenshot of what I see?

Pixel Aspecy

• 32. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

Thanks for the follow up reply. For some reason the screenshot that you intended to send did not get posted in the reply.

Please try again.

Thank you.

ATR

• 33. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                                                                          jasperthesiamese Level 1

Morning ATR

It was in the email reply but when I go to the page on the web its not there so I will type what I see

Editing Mode is greyed out but it says AVCHD 1080p square Pixel

Timebase 50.00 frames/second

Video Frame size is 1920 horizontal 1080 vertical

Pixel Asopect Ratio is square pixels (1.0)

Field no fields (progressive scan)

Display Format  50fbs timecode

Title safe area 20 % horizontal 20% vertical

Action safe are 10 % horizontal 10 % vertical

Audio Sample rate 48000hz

Display Format Audio sample

Hope thats ok?

• 34. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

Thanks for the details.

If your camera is recording 1920 x 1080 @ 50 progressive frames per second, then the Premiere Elements 13 project preset should be correct and you should not be seeing an orange line above that content when it is first dragged to the Expert workspace Timeline. I have found that it should not make a difference if that 1920 x 1080p50 source has a file extension of mts or mp4.

The screenshot that you posted confirms that the project presets are correct for your source video if as stated above.

Please right click the thumbnail for the file in the Project Assets to bring up the file's properties according to the program in order to verify the frame size as 1920 x 1080 and the frame rate as 50.

So, the answer is, if you want to see the best possible preview of the Timeline playback in the Edit area monitor, then you render that content that has the orange line over it.

And, once you edit a Timeline file you are going to get that orange line back again even if you start with no colored line over the Timeline file when it was first dragged to the Timeline.

The scenario would go no colored line, edit, orange line, render, green line, edit, orange line, render, green line and so on for as many edits you made for that file.

No colored line and green line = you are seeing the best possible preview, no Timeline rendering available nor needed. Orange = you are not seeing the best possible preview, Timeline rendering available.

Please let me know if you are OK with the above information.

Looking forward to your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 35. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                                                                              jasperthesiamese Level 1

Hi ATR

Thank you very much

I have added an MTS file into the timeline in Expert mode and it has no orange line but it is still very juddery and so I am in the same position where I can't Edit the video?

I thought you mentioned that it didn't really matter whether the file was MTS or MP4, it should still be quite clear and not shaky?

Is there anything that I am doing wrong?

• 36. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                                                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

Thanks for the update.

What I wrote was

If your camera is recording 1920 x 1080 @ 50 progressive frames per second, then the Premiere Elements 13 project preset should be correct and you should not be seeing an orange line above that content when it is first dragged to the Expert workspace Timeline. I have found that it should not make a difference if that 1920 x 1080p50 source has a file extension of mts or mp4.

and that related to what project preset the project was setting automatically. In other words, if I let the project automatically set the project preset and I was importing 1920 x 1080p50 .mts or 1920 x 1080p50 .mp4, the project would automatically select the same project preset, PAL AVCHD AVCHD 1080p50. In that type of discussion, we were trying to target

the project preset as the cause of the stability issues with one and not the other. Here we did not since both were in the same project with the same project preset - mts unstable and .mp4 stable.

That latest line of comments did not extend to, as you wrote...

I thought you mentioned that it didn't really matter whether the file was MTS or MP4, it should still be quite clear and not shaky?

If you have must have .mts files for the project and the instability extends beyond the previewing to the export, then consider converting them to H.264.mp4

with Movie Maker 2012. Otherwise, best to go with recording AVCHD.mp4 version instead of AVCHD.mts. The difference here would be expected to be only in the audio. The

.mts would be expected to use Dolby Digital. And, the mp4 would be expected to use AAC.

ATR

• 37. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                                                                                  jasperthesiamese Level 1

HI ATR

Thank you for your help so far

I decided to buy premiere elements 12 as I already have Photoshop 12 and also my trial period for 13 is nearly over

If you can remember I was bought Premiere elements 13 and also Photoshop 13 for Christmas and I wasn't able to load Editor so I sent it back and got the trial version

This also did the same but then Arun Kubba frrom Adobe phones me and got it working for me

Well I have installed Premiere 12 and it is doing exactly the same thing which is not loading up the Editor

It goes through the same process every time which is when you click Editor it asks if it's a new project then it asks you to sign in, sign the agreement and then that's it. Nothing else

I have followed a tutorial you added which is changing the name of SLCache to SLCacheOLD and it still doesn't work?

Could you help me again with this please?

• 38. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                                                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

Thanks for the update. Can I assume that 12 is on the same computer as 13 was? This is just an new purchase install of 12 on this same computer?

I have found Premiere Elements 12 to be a difficult program to install/reinstall. I would like you try the following.

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Common Files

Adobe

OOBE (whichever one is your current one)

PDApp

core

and in the core Folder you should find the PDapp.exe file. Double click that and see what response you get, perhaps

a message to download something.

In this case, did you check the FLEXnet Licensing in Services to see if it was stopped or started or even there at all.

Let us what happens.

Thanks.

ATR

• 39. Re: No sound within Premier Elements 13 organizer
                                                                                      jasperthesiamese Level 1

Hi ATR

I went into the SLCache to see if this was name OLD at the end and there was a SLCache and a SLCacheOLD so I deleted the SLCache so now there is just SLCacheOLD

i have uninstalled the Premiere 12 and yes its on the same PC as the one I was having the issues with but this one is a bought version from PC world

I have also gone into the Adobe Applications Manager and clicked the updates as yuo suggested and now this is updating and saying "Currently downloading" with a progress bar

As soon as this is complete I will check the FLEXnet Licensing to see what that says

I now have to install the programme again to see if that works

Thanks for your patience ATR

It's a good job that we have you as trying to get support from an Adobe member of staff is impossible and it shouldn't be

Jilly

1 2 Previous Next