5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2015 9:38 PM by A.T. Romano

can't burn project to dvd successfully

garrysen Level 1

I have PSE 12 both organizer and Premiere. I've completed a movie project after first working up a slide show in Organizer but when I tried to burn my dvd the program did not recognize my burner (which is LG's HL-DT-ST GH24NS50 SC SI) so I burned to a folder. Then tried to burn with both Windows DVD maker and Wondershare Video burner neither of which recognised the files containing the movie titles & scene intro-s. A 2nd problem has also developed during the process of completing the project. My PSE organiser now crashes as soon as it loads the media so I'm now virtually locked out of my photos. The only new files added to the organizer since I started this project are those coming from Premiere ie narrations etc.Can anyone suggest a way to fix these problems. Thanks

• 1. Re: can't burn project to dvd successfully
          A.T. Romano Level 7

garrysen

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12? Did you update 12 to the 12.1 Update? If not please do so, for Elements Organizer as well as Premiere Elements Editor. See Help Menu/Updates.

When you use Publish+Share/Disc/DVD with Burn To: = Folder (4.7 GB) or Folder (8.5 GB), the VIDEO_TS Folder in the folder saved in that process needs to be taken into a program such a ImgBurn, not Windows DVD Maker. The VIDEO_TS need to be put on a DVD disc in a specific disc file format. If you are in a time crunch and the Burn To: Disc is not yet working, then ImgBurn is the way to go. But, with extreme care. It is an excellent program but suffers from unwanted garbage being downloaded with the program if you are not very selective in your download and install choices.

As for the Elements Organizer 12/12.1....I have typically found it too be on the crashing side from time to time. Crashing can also be a factor of certain video formats being forced into it.

My fixes for a crashing Elements Organizer 12/12.1 include:

1. Delete or disable the Elements Organizer 12/12.1 settings file which is name psa/prf

and if that does not completely work

2. Create a new catalog using Elements Organizer 12/12.1's File Menu/Manage Catalogs/Catalog Editor.

The path to the Elements Organizer 12/12.1 settings file is (in Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit)

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Organizer

and in the Organizer Folder is the psa.prf file that you delete or disable by renaming it from psa.prf to psa.prfOLD.

If the LG's HL-DT-ST GH24NS50 SC SI is a DVD CD burner rather than a Blu-ray DVD CD burner, you may want to try procedure

suggested in the following link to get the burner to be recognized by Premiere Elements

CD, DVD drive not recognized after Adobe application install | Windows

Please review and consider and then let us know if you have any questions or need clarification on any of the above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Re: can't burn project to dvd successfully
            garrysen Level 1

Thank you for your response. I've downloaded Image Burn but haven't yet had the opportunity to try it out. I'll try it out tomorrow along with an attempt to get Premiere to recognize my drive which again is fast and up to date.

My computer is a Windows 7 64 bit machine with 8 GB RAM and loads of free disk space. I suspect my programs are still the original 12 version but I have tried to invoke any upgrades in the past. It seems they must not have worked.

Regarding the Organiser problem, I have deleted the psa.prf file as you suggested but that failed to make any difference - the program still closes immediately after being launched. It doesn't stay open long enough for me to create a new catalog.

Do you have any further suggestions? And thanks once again for your help so far.

Garrysen

• 3. Re: Re: can't burn project to dvd successfully
              A.T. Romano Level 7

garrysen

Thanks for the reply with additional follow up information. Appreciated.

Definitely try to update Premiere Elements 12 and Elements Organizer 12, each to the 12.1 Update. There is no longer an online download for this. We are forced to

get the update via an opened project's Help Menu/Updates.

As for the Elements Organizer 12/12.1....

1. If it is crashing when you try to import a file, then try importing various formats from jpeg (stills) to various video formats.

2. If it is crashing just opening the Elements Organizer 12/12.1 and if you can keep it open long enough, then create a new catalog with Elements Organizer's File Menu/

Manage Catalogs/Catalog Manager.

Right now I would go after getting the 12.1 Update download and installed for the Editor and Elements Organizer and determine if that corrects the issues. If not,

we might consider program uninstall, ccleaner run through, and reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: can't burn project to dvd successfully
                garrysen Level 1

Hi

I am happy to report that I have successfully produced my DVD (with your help). Also in relation to my PSE 12 organiser problem, your suggested solution didn't work but I found the following through a Google search -

Adobe Employee

Hi,

Please try following things:

While launching Organizer, keep SHIFT key pressed.

This will open Catalog Mamager.

Now Click on NEW and create a new catalog.

If Organizer Launches, open preferences (Ctrl +K) > Go to Files Tab and Uncheck the following:

• Automatically Search for and Reconnect Missing Files
                • Automatically Generate Thumbnails for Video files

On doing this, going to Media Analysis tab and un-check the Auto Analyzer options.

Please let me know if organizer still crashes.

Thanks,
                Anwesha

I tried this solution and whilst the organiser would not launch from the start ICON, I managed to get it to start from the Premiere Editor. I carried out these instructions and then tried again to relaunch from the icon. This time successfully. So here's hoping that my luck holds. Thanks to you both for your help.

Regards

Garrysen

• 5. Re: can't burn project to dvd successfully
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Garrysen

Great news. Congratulations on your successes. Great job in sorting through the troubleshooting to gain your successes.

Adobe Staff (Anwesha Dev Chaudhary) and I went to the create new catalog, but Adobe Staff added some steps after that. I will bookmark those notes for future

reference.

Many thanks for the follow up which is appreciated by all.

Best wishes

ATR