7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2015 1:18 AM by pchengws

Olympus OMD Raw file missing in Lightroom 5.7

pchengws

Hi,

Where to find and download Olympus OMD Raw file into Lightroom 5.7 running on Windwos 8.1?

Thank you.

Peter

• 1. Re: Olympus OMD Raw file missing in Lightroom 5.7
          BKKDon Level 4

Not sure what you are asking here?

Do you mean you have an OMD and want to import the files into Lightroom?

• 2. Re: Olympus OMD Raw file missing in Lightroom 5.7
            pchengws Level 1

Hi BKKDon,

I have Lightroom 5.7 signed up together with the Photoshop CC.

I have imported the photos into Lightroom without problem. I have problem to find the OMD  12-40mm Pro lens profile to carry out the lens correction.

I would also have D800 24-70mm FX lens to look for the lens profile. I could not find in the default profile auto come with the software.

I hope I have explain clearer of my question.

Thank you.

• 3. Re: Olympus OMD Raw file missing in Lightroom 5.7
              BKKDon Level 4

Hi,

The lens correction metadata is a built-in part of the Micro-FourThirds systems.

The Micro-FourThirds lenses carry the lens correction profiles in the lens itself. It's implanted into the raw files at capture time by the camera body as a special kind of metadata, which Lightrooom will apply automatically. You will notice on the Lens Correction tab that it will show "Enable Profile Corrections" and the Value under Profile is Default.

For that Nikon lens there are profiles available but only for RAW.

• 4. Re: Olympus OMD Raw file missing in Lightroom 5.7
                ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Open your OMD raw image in ACR 8.7 in PS-CC and go to the lens corrections tab in ACR.  At the bottom right there should be a message about a lens profile being automatically applied.  If you click on the i-circle next to the message, it’ll tell you exactly what aspects have been corrected for.

The reason this profile is built-in is because the camera also applies a profile to the viewfinder image and you never see the uncorrected raw image so LR and ACR don’t show it, either. 

Obviously if the lens profile is built-in you cannot select and deselect it.

A D800 is not a mirrorless camera so the viewfinder is the real image through the lens not something electronically constructed like on a mirrorless camera, so no lens profile can be applied to the viewfinder view of a D800 and LR and ACR don’t automatically apply the correction and you must select it, yourself.

• 5. Re: Olympus OMD Raw file missing in Lightroom 5.7
                  pchengws Level 1

Hi BKKDon,

Yes inotice that just not sure it is auto by default. I thought it is like other camera like canon or Nikon , Song I need to find and import the lens profile then I can apply the correction. Thank you.

• 6. Re: Olympus OMD Raw file missing in Lightroom 5.7
                    pchengws Level 1

Hi ssprengel,

I shall try it out when I reach home tonight. I think both BKKDon and you are saying the similar reason why I cannot see the actual lens profile in the LR 5.7.

I have the PS CC just because I subscibe the PS CC with the LR, but I do not know PS CC that well. I will go to search and find out.

It is another learning day for me on Adobe products.

Thank you guys.

• 7. Re: Olympus OMD Raw file missing in Lightroom 5.7
                      pchengws Level 1

Oops Sorry ssprengel,

I now noticed I can offer correct answer to one person not both of you.

However, I appreciate your help.