0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2015 9:38 PM by leeleeleelee

Low Memory Warnings / Video Failed To Compile

leeleeleelee Level 1

Hey all,

I recently upgraded the RAM in my system from 8gb to 16gb. Around the same time, I moved my OS and certain files over to an SSD (probably not relevant, but better to provide the whole picture).

After performing the upgrades, my performance sped up in Premiere- hurray! Exactly what I wanted. That is, until I preview clips or render them. When I render, I tend to get a Low Memory Warning from Windows part way through the process, and then subsequently, a "Video Failed To Compiled" error. Sometimes the program crashes outright, my screen turns to black, or I have to restart my computer. This has only started recently since the RAM upgrades and moving my OS over to the SSD... and I'm feeling really disheartened about it.

The project I'm attempting to compile is about 1:30 long, isn't TOO effects heavy (four AE comps., Premiere Lumetri on every clip/sequence (in the main sequences), and running RedGiant Denoiser II on every clip).

Now, I've picked up on ONE thing that I may be doing that is unfavourable, though I don't believe it's the cause of the memory errors... My footage is currently stored on the SSD, as well as Premiere itself (along with all the CC programs), while my disk cache is assigned to a folder on my Seagate HDD.

Specs for the PC are:

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014 (latest updates)

Windows 7

Intel Core i5 3570 3.40GHz 6M

Kingston 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-1333 CL9 RAM

MSI HD7850 TwinFrozr 2GB GPU

Asus P8Z77-V-LX MB

OS is running on a 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD

Everything else is on a Seagate 1TB Barracude 7200RPM HDD