10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2015 7:17 AM by RameezKhan

My Program and Source Monitor Stopped Working: Premiere Pro 2014

go4anthony Level 1

Heres how it all started.

I got an error which said I didn't have the correct video modules, then came the ugly face of BSOD. I restarted, tried again, same result. I did a system restore with Windows, reinstalled Windows 8.1, reinstalled all of my plugins and Adobe CC programs, and when I opened my project was completely scrambled. Uninstalled all Adobe software, ran CC Cleaner, reinstalled. This got the audio in my videos to work but now there's only a white screen on my my Source and Program monitor when I try to play my timeline. I did another system restore on Windows, went to my laptop manufacturers website and updated my bios, graphics driver, and processor. Also reinstalled windows updates, and my Adobe software, I've tried CC Cleaner before each install, tried going back to the previous version of Premiere and still nothing in my source or Program monitors.

MSI GE70

Intel Core i7 4700MQ Processor

NVidia GeForce GTX 765M / 2GB GDDE5

12 GB Memory

using .MTS footage from a Canon C100

Premiere Pro 2014.2

Things I've tried from other threads:

-I read that there might be a problem with the .MTS files so I've also tried starting a new project with .MOV files and h.264 and still nothing.

-I tried going into the project settings and choose "render with software", still nothing.

-I tried emptying media cache files under C://users/my user/app data/roaming/Adobe/common.....you guessed it, NOTHING.

-I tried using my daughters "Frozen" magic wand we bought her for Christmas to fix the problem with icy magic like Elsa did in the movie.......surprisingly, still nothing.

Any other ideas out there?