7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2015 2:08 PM by Modesto Vega

problem with pages in "Book" module

chowbeller

I'm using the "Book" module for Blurb for the first time. I can't seem to edit or add photos to pages 14,15, 24 or 25? These pages won't even allow me to drag photos to them. Those pages are blank in the PDF. I can't even delete those pages. HELP!

• 1. Re: problem with pages in "Book" module
          Modesto Vega Level 1

Which version of LR are you using?

• 2. Re: problem with pages in "Book" module
            chowbeller Level 1

Hi Modesto…It's 5.something. I was on the phone with Adobe forEVER yesterday. It seems the only way to correct the problem is to force quit Lightroom and restart it. That worked but the problem happens every time I begin a new layout

• 3. Re: problem with pages in "Book" module
              Modesto Vega Level 1

What layout are you using? I'll give a try.

• 4. Re: problem with pages in "Book" module
                web-weaver Level 5

Maybe this helps:

There seems to be an odd bug in the Book  Module creating a corrupted page that prevents Lr from deleting pages or to save any changes.

The solution I have found to this is to find the corrupted page that is causing the problem.

Open your book, and starting with page 1 delete this page. Immediately after go to the Develop Module and back to the Book Module. Is the deleted page visible again? If Yes then this page is NOT the corrupted one. Do the same procedure for each page in the book. Do only delete one (1) page at a time and each time switch to the Develop Module and back to the Book Module. When you have hit on the corrupted page it will not be visible when you return from the Develop Module.

Then re-create the page that was corrupted from scratch.

It helps if you first make a duplicate of your book so you have a template when re-creating the corrupted page.

Don`t forget to delete the duplicate in the end because it too contains the corrupted page.

• 5. Re: problem with pages in "Book" module
                  chowbeller Level 1

Modesto….you will think I'm completely crazy but as far as I can see I only have one choice?

• 6. Re: problem with pages in "Book" module
                    chowbeller Level 1

Web-weaver…..This seems like the plausible problem. I'm very surprised that the two techs at Adobe seemed to not know at all about this issue. I have already sent the book to Blurb and now worry that the corrupted pages will be missing. I will go put together a mock book later tonight and try what you have written out here. Thank you SO much for posting!

• 7. Re: problem with pages in "Book" module
                      Modesto Vega Level 1

chowbeller wrote:

Modesto….you will think I'm completely crazy but as far as I can see I only have one choice?

A couple of screenshots to assist. If things don't look like the screenshots below you are not in LR5.7

The Layout I am referring to is the Auto Layout Preset in Red below. You should have at least 3, if you have not edited the layout and created a new preset.

BookModule.jpg

For each page you have choices, when you click on page you should be able to navigate to a menu looking like this. If you chose 1 or more photos per page you need to add them manually to the page.

BookModule1.jpg

Just a health warning, I like the module but I am no expert; currently I am learning how to use it for a project I have. So you might know more than me. There are other areas of LR I know better.

I will pick up any replies tomorrow.