• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WHY is there no fix for the dreaded black box installer for me?

Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched this forum for days and see my issue with either no replies, or the ones with replies do not work.

I have a new PC win7.  I am running IE11 and FF34.0.5.  So far I hate my new PC.

Anyway, I have tried in both browsers all diff ways of installing from the many hints I have come across and still get the black box that hangs.  If I click on it a few times - sometimes - it takes me to the browser page and says "server not found."

BTW, in IE addons, flash is not listed so I cannot enable it like so many hints have said to do.  If it was that easy, I would not be here looking for help!

FF also does not have flash listed nor when I look for new addons is it an option!

At this point I am keeping my old pc to do certain things like plays games, etc.  This is ridiculous though!

I also see there is no phone number and no tech support outside of this forum, yet we at the mercy of Adobe Flash.  This is really not cool.

So I implore you, Adobe, can you please tell us how to fix this???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We are aware if the 'black box' issue with the shim installer (downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer), however, this should not be the case with the full installer.  The links for the full installers are posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page, in the 'Still having problems' section.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Maria, but no go.  I saw this already on here and had already tried it.  Adobe needs to go back to the drawing board.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try resetting your system's NVRAM:

How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 14, 2015 Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have a MAC.  I have a brand new Dell and should not be having this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines