7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2015 6:07 AM by MattMan282

Live Online Edit?

MattMan282

I was wondering...does Premiere offer a live online edit like FCP 7 did? I have a creative director offsite that I need to run throuhg edits with. I'd love to be able to send him a feed of my timeline/audio while being able to talk to him so we can edit. FCP 7 had this. Anyone know if premiere does? If not are there any other options? Screen sharing doesnt work well. I cant use headphones because it requires that I play the computer audio out through speakers so that my microphone picks it up and sends it to my director.

• 1. Re: Live Online Edit?
          MattMan282 Level 1

Bueler?

• 2. Re: Live Online Edit?
            Dave Merchant MVP & Adobe Community Professional

No it doesn't.

Adobe Anywhere allows more than one person to work on a shared project, but it's not a real-time "watch as I click this..." thing. You need to improve your system so that screen shares work properly; there's no innate reason why Premiere's UI won't display on a remote desktop (e.g. via VNC) provided you have enough bandwidth.

• 3. Re: Live Online Edit?
              MattMan282 Level 1

Technically it works. I have to screen share through apple messages. But it doesn't work for my situation becuase it only shares my screen...not my audio. So I have to have my computer speakers playing into my microphone. I work in a room with other people so I can't use mty speakers. I need to be able to use a headset.

My computer specifications are fine:

MacPro

2x  2.4 Ghz 6Core Intel Xeon

24 GB DDR3

2x ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB

• 4. Re: Live Online Edit?

The old-school solution is to get a 3.5mm patch cable and connect your headphone and mic jacks together so the system sound is looped back.

• 5. Re: Live Online Edit?
                  MattMan282 Level 1

Yeah, but then I can't communicate with the Creative Director. Oh well. Bummer Thanks for the help.

• 6. Re: Live Online Edit?

Not necessarily an ideal solution, but people often screen share the system audio but use a phone line for voice - aside from anything else it means you can explain what's gone wrong if the share drops out.

The other option is to use an external 'podcasting' mini mixing desk (Behringer, Alesis, etc) that can loop the system audio through the main mix, add in a mic channel, and send everything back. I use that setup to deliver live training sessions - the desk gives a headphone feed and volume control over each element; the only trick is making sure Premiere doesn't try to register exclusive access to the input channels coming back from the desk, or the screen sharing software won't be able to listen in.

• 7. Re: Live Online Edit?
                      MattMan282 Level 1

I didn't think about the phone. That would probably just be the easiest option. Thanks.