9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2016 4:10 PM by JeffreySBrown

Its not just the blue keyframes!

ThunderLion Level 1

Its the dark blue text.  I almost cannot read it after looking at the screen all day..  It makes it more difficult don't you agree.?  And after working with these extra large keyframes I can honestly say they do not help one bit. 

• 1. Re: Its not just the blue keyframes!
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

We intend to add the ability to customize these elements of the user interface in the next update.

• 2. Re: Its not just the blue keyframes!
            motionaddict

This is excellent news, thanks Todd!

• 3. Re: Its not just the blue keyframes!
              TimmyCrackCorn Level 1

Todd_Kopriva wrote:

We intend to add the ability to customize these elements of the user interface in the next update.

There have FOUR RELEASES SINCE you said it would be in the next update.  It was in none of the subsequent three, so please tell me there is finally good news and it is in this most recent, fourth (June 20th, 2016 -- 1.5 years later) release?

-Tim

• 4. Re: Its not just the blue keyframes!
                Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

TimmyCrackCorn wrote:

Todd_Kopriva wrote:

There have FOUR RELEASES SINCE you said it would be in the next update. It was in none of the subsequent three, so please tell me there is finally good news and it is in this most recent, fourth (June 20th, 2016 -- 1.5 years later) release?

-Tim

Read the posts more carefully. Todd said that they were planning to provide the ability to change the look of the text (which is what the original poster was asking about) and that was provided several versions ago, as promised. It might not have as much customization as people would like, but there are options to customize the things Thunderlion was specifically asking about.

• 5. Re: Its not just the blue keyframes!
                  TimmyCrackCorn Level 1

Yes, thanks, I understand that ... but changes that would allow broader customization (i.e. the "horrible blue keyframes" situation ... which ties in with the text) were promised as well.  Has that been implemented in this June 20th release?

Thanks,

Tim

• 6. Re: Its not just the blue keyframes!
                    TimmyCrackCorn Level 1

PS> And the title of the post was "It's not JUST the blue keyframes".    And Todd's reply included "...these elements of the user interface" ... plural, indicating at least those mentioned (keyframes AND text).

• 7. Re: Its not just the blue keyframes!
                      Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

TimmyCrackCorn wrote:

Has that been implemented in this June 20th release?

No.

Looking at how customizable Cinema 4D is, I really wish AE would be more like that.

As to your P.S., yes, I could see how it could be interpreted that way. I understood it as meaning text and highlights, but not the keyframes - there are a number of elements that are now customizable that never were before. So there are a plurarity of elements, but keyframes are not among them.

Remember that the June 20th release is a new version that installs alongside the CC 2015 and CC 2014 versions (if you go into the Creative Cloud app's advanced settings during the update and turn off the option to remove old versions - more details here), so you can try it out without messing up your older versions.

• 8. Re: Its not just the blue keyframes!
                        TimmyCrackCorn Level 1

Thanks, Szalam ... unfortunate, but sadly ... not at all surprising

Also, no I can't try it out ... I never renewed my subscription way back when they first changed everything to blue.   I refuse to have a CC subscription until it is resolved.  I just wish more people, to whom it truly bothers, did the same ... Adobe might just give a ***** then when they were losing $$.

Oh well, MAYBE next update.  I'm certainly not betting on it.

• 9. Re: Its not just the blue keyframes!
                          JeffreySBrown Level 1

Time to bump this thread, I guess.
                          We're still stuck with the near-unreadable blue text in the interface? I know you can make it a little brighter or darker, but that's it?
                          Bleh.
                          Is it really that hard to implement? I'm using software with a code base from the same era as AfterEffects (~1992), and I can change the color of anything in the interface. Have been able to for 10 years. It matters. Really.

So, - soon please?

thanks