6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2015 1:28 AM by aquador

Question:

aquador

When I use narrative voice all other sounds disappear on the time line, and I can only hear the narrative voice when I re-start the film. Why?

• 1. Re: Question:
          whsprague Level 4

Can you possibly give a little more information?  Computer type, software version, video source, number of audio tracks, how you are recording the narrative, etc.

• 2. Re: Question:
            aquador Level 1

Hi

I use windows software windows 7. I have a sony HDR-PJ740 camera. Everything works fine if I add new sound track but not when I use a microphone ( connected with a USB) The name of the microphone is Röde NT USB. I have four audio tracks. I am recording the narrative sound by use the narrative track in premiere element. It seems that I block the sound from all audio tracks when I have the microphone  although it is only used on a small part of the time line.

• 3. Re: Question:
              A.T. Romano Level 7

aquador

What version of Premiere Elements are you using...version 12/12.1 or other?

There is a known Premiere Elements issue that is characterized by the loss of sound on numbered audio tracks and soundtrack when narration is added to the project using the project's Narration Tool. Although USB microphones typically do not work with Premiere Elements (any version) Narration Tool, I do not believe that to be the major focus here.

A fix and variations of it have been described (originally by Llamadude99 and then others). The details can be found in the following

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/06/pe12-audio-losses-after-narration.html

Please review what has worked for others and determine what works for you.

This issue has not existed when narrations were created in a 3rd party software such as Audacity and then imported (Add Media/Files and Folders)into Premiere Elements project for use.

This issue has been appearing almost exclusively in Premiere Elements 12/12.1.

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Question:
                aquador Level 1

Thank you very much for the information. It works in part but not good enough.

Do you know if premiere elements version 13 has the same problem?

• 5. Re: Question:
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

aquador

Thanks for the reply. I would encourage you to try the different suggestions in the link provided for this issue one more time, if you have not already.

To date, I have only seen this problem reported by users of Premiere Elements 12/12.1. Interestingly, I have never run into this issue

with my own Premiere Elements 12/12.1 on Windows 7 or 8.1 64 bit. And, I have never been able to force it to happen.

What is the frequency of it occurring in your specific computer environment which includes Premiere Elements 12/12.1? If it happens

frequently enough to give you a troubleshooting baseline, then it might be worthwhile (for troubleshooting purposes) to explore the free

30 tryout of Premiere Elements 13 from Adobe.

We will be watching for your progress as your schedule permits.

ATR

• 6. Re: Question:
                    aquador Level 1

Hi ATR

I have tried the different suggestions but I have still problem, for example I must remove the microphone and re-start the project and then it works sometimes. It occurs everytime I use narration.Thus, I will skip this program.

I think it is a good suggestion to try the free 30 tryout.

I will tell you if it works or not.

Have a good time

Aquador