5 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2015 7:35 AM by Thoughtful

Crucial MX200 and BX100 SSDs Announced Today

Thoughtful Level 1

According to TechReport.com (see the third hyperlink below), the Crucial MX200 SSD appears to be a close consumer version of the enterprise-centric Micron M600 SSD. And, "[a]s one might expect, the "B" stands for budget" for the Crucial BX100 (also reported by TechReport.com).

Crucial Introduces MX200 and BX100 Budget Solid-State Drives - Legit Reviews

Crucial MX200 and BX100 SSDs Announced | StorageReview.com - Storage Reviews

Crucial's new MX200 and BX100 SSDs are priced to move - The Tech Report

Here is Crucial's home page announcing that the MX200 and BX100 SSDs will be "coming soon":  Crucial.com - DRAM, solid state drive (SSD) memory upgrades for Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq, Lenovo, Acer, ASUS

According to StorageReview.com (see hyperlink to StorageReviews.com):  "Crucial has also announced that their new Crucial Storage Executive software tool is now available, which helps users to monitor, maintain, and optimize their Crucial SSD. It is available for download at crucial.com/se." This is a first for Crucial to offer software to maintain their SSDs. Though, I could not locate it this morning, when I went to Crucial.com to look for this software.

I hope that the Crucial MX200 will be a good blend between the Crucial M550 and the Micron M600. That is, enterprise level of specifications with ease of consumer support. Hopefully soon, the SSD review web sites will post the results of their tests to tell us how that the Crucial MX200 and BX100 SSDs hold up against their competitors, including any reports of bugs in the hardware and software. New does not always equal better, unless verified.