16 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2015 9:35 AM by A.T. Romano

how to eliminate audio skips in elements 13?

SKY KING

on my PC when I drag and drop audio from the music library included in the program I am experiencing skipping on five different tracks. How do I eliminate the skipping?

• 1. Re: how to eliminate audio skips in elements 13?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

SKY KING

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running?

This should be the same solution as for other versions of the program, that is, (assuming Windows), hold down the Alt key as you add the file to the existing Timeline.

If bunches of files are in the way of such a maneuver, then consider selecting all the clips in the bunch at one time, and dragging the selection out of the way. You can

even Group the bunch (for the group selection, see Clip Menu/Group).

Please let us know if we have targeted your question. If not, please give more details for us to help you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: how to eliminate audio skips in elements 13?
            SKY KING Level 1

ATR, thanks for the suggestion, but it had no effect. I tried pressing and holding Alt button simultaneously as I pressed music selection and dragged it - did not work. Then pressed and held Alt button as I drug music selection to it’s place. Skips are still present.

I have Windows 8 system. Would you have another suggestion. Thanks

• 3. Re: how to eliminate audio skips in elements 13?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

SKY KING

Thanks for the reply.

Let me make sure that I did not misinterpret your question. By skips did you mean gaps in the existing Timeline content caused by splitting of the content? Or, did you mean no gaps in the existing Timeline but rather irregularities in the audio playback?

To be continued

ATR

• 4. Re: how to eliminate audio skips in elements 13?
                SKY KING Level 1

The video is fine. The drag and drop audio music I used from the Elements 13 library (all 5 or 6 selections) have interruptions in the playback of the video. The music stops and re-starts. The pauses are brief but very noticeable. Thanks for your assist.

• 5. Re: how to eliminate audio skips in elements 13?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

SKY KING

I will work on this some more tomorrow, but for now what are the names of these files that you find in the Elements 13 library? Are they all .mp3 files?

What is the location of the Elements 13 library to which you refer?

To be continued

ATR

• 6. Re: how to eliminate audio skips in elements 13?
                    SKY KING Level 1

ATR, in the Quick editing window of Elements 13 there are several icons at bottom right.

They are:  Tools, Transitions, Titles + Text, Effects, Audio and Graphics.

I do not know if the music selections offered are .mp3 or not. After dragging and dropping a window opens and it is titled Online content download. Several actions follow; generating, conforming, etc. I tried several from each category of music and they all skip, some worse than others.

Your thoughts and advice? Thanks

• 7. Re: how to eliminate audio skips in elements 13?
                      SKY KING Level 1

Have I lost you?

CLEVE MARSH

3 WATER RIDGE PLACE

JACKSON,TN  38305

731-217-9660

• 8. Re: how to eliminate audio skips in elements 13?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

SKY KING

Thank you for follow up in thread which alerted me that I had not yet replied. Apologizes for the delay. I got detoured and then apparently lost track of your thread in the day to day thread traffic here.

Your previous details had narrowed this down to irregularities in the audio playback when the audio source was a Music Score choice under the Audio Tab. (Apparently involved more than just one Music Score choice.)

What I would like you to do is to export your Timeline contents (in spite of the audio skips that you hear in the Edit area) to a file saved to the computer hard drive and then play back the file with your player to determine if the audio plays back smoothly or with skips.

Also, please comment on...

a. After selecting the Music Score, do you customize the Music Score in anyway in the Score Property dialog?

b. In the Score Property dialog preview, does the play back skip?

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 9. Re: how to eliminate audio skips in elements 13?
                          SKY KING Level 1

ATR, the skips are present in playback from my desktop and in the preview.

No, I do not customize the music score. thanks

• 10. Re: how to eliminate audio skips in elements 13?
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

SKY KING

Thanks for the additional important information.

What about the music score playback in the export of the Timeline content presenting with skips. Skip still in the export's playback?

Is that you did when you wrote "....present in playback from my desktop...."?

If so, I am thinking to

a. Delete a music score on the hard drive and determine if it automatically regenerates to a file that presents in the program without skips.

or

b. Delete the whole music score folder on the hard drive

or

c. uninstall, free cccleaner run thru, reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

Unless you have done it already, let us see how the export of the Timeline turns out before moving forward on a, b, or c.

Thanks.

ATR

• 11. Re: how to eliminate audio skips in elements 13?
                              SKY KING Level 1

ATR, I did export the timeline to my desktop. The music score skips there also. So, now it skips in preview, when I playback the timeline prior to saving the work and when imported. Does this mean I won’t be able to use the music score folder provided in Elements 13? thanks

• 12. Re: how to eliminate audio skips in elements 13?
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

SKY KING

Somethings to look at

1. Import some non Music Score soundtracks into the project and use them where you would have used the Music Score.

There should be some found

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Music

that Music Folder has several .mp3 soundtracks to select from.

Do they present in the Timeline playback without skips?

Also, use the Narration Tool to create some narration clip for the Narration Track (these will be .wav files). When you play back those

narration clips, do they playback without skips.

Depending on your results, we will next go after replacing the Music Score.

ATR

• 13. Re: how to eliminate audio skips in elements 13?
                                  SKY KING Level 1

ATR, I really appreciate the effort. However, I can devote no more time to experiments in an effort to determine the issue. Would you please replace the Music Score now. I have several jobs waiting to be completed and two more waiting to be started and I need this to work now. Can you get that done today, please? This is very important to me. Thanks

• 14. Re: how to eliminate audio skips in elements 13?
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

SKY KING

Thank you for the reply.

This is not Adobe. This is a user to user forum. I am not employed or affiliated with Adobe in any way. Furthermore the frequency of the Adobe appearance in this forum is not defined.

Under the circumstances I have not way of replacing your Music Score or in anyway influence with Adobe on how it deals with your situation.

I can help you troubleshoot the issue. My latest post was an attempt to get more information before suggesting to you that

a. you reinstall the whole program

b. or force the Music Score files hopefully to regenerate after deletion of them from the hard drive (if that is possible).

The Adobe support for Premiere Pro is significant through its Chat paths. Not necessarily so for Premiere Elements 13. Many of the Chat Panel links take you

on a path the ends with Ask the Community (which is us, user to user). I can give you a link to an active Adobe Chat so that you can determine if the representative

who you reach can help or direct you to a department which can.

Premiere Elements

Adobe ID and Signing In

Adobe ID, Sign In, Account Help

Chat Panel

Contact Customer Care

If the link does not hold its set, then you will need to navigate to the Chat Panel using the above titles as guides.

Did you purchase Premiere Elements 13 from Adobe as a download within the last 30 days. If so, you can contact Adobe for your money back.

If you did not, then you will need to deal with the seller and the seller's return/refund policy. The Adobe Chat Orders link would be

http://helpx.adobe.com/sea/contact.html?step=PRE_membership-account-payment_payments-invoi ces-orders_stillNeedHelp

Premiere Elements

Membership, Account, Payment

Payments, Invoices, and Order

Chat Panel

If you wish to continue here, the path that I was following at this point

a. Factor in or out whether the audio skips involved non Music Score as well as Music Score

b. If just Music Score, try for a forced Music Score regeneration or uninstall/reinstall the program

which would involve the generation of the partial Music Score files which are completed with Content Download

within the opened project.

ATR

• 15. Re: how to eliminate audio skips in elements 13?
                                      SKY KING Level 1

ATR, I regret being insistent with you. I did not realize you were not with Adobe. I am new to this and would like to thank you for your effort. You have given me your best shot. My apologies.

I would like to inform you that I spent almost an hour and one half chatting with an Adobe customer service rep and was informed they do not support Elements 13 any longer and would be unable to fix my problem. I asked what the Adobe employees did when they bought products in the marketplace, had them 4 months and then spent 2 weeks attempting to get them working correctly only to be told by the company they bought them from, they could not help, could not replace with a like one or an upgrade. Seems unlikely Adobe cannot help-but I do not know how to get to the correct person or department as the cs rep would not connect me to her supervisor. Any suggestions on how to deal with Adobe?

CLEVE MARSH

3 WATER RIDGE PLACE

JACKSON,TN  38305

731-217-9660

• 16. Re: how to eliminate audio skips in elements 13?
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

CLEVE MARSH

This is very disturbing news that Adobe Customer Service says it no longer supports Premiere Elements 13, the current version. Did you ask for a supervisor when you were given that reply? You could try to contact someone at the corporate office, but I am not sure how much success you would have. The likelihood of Adobe Staff coming to the rescue here in this forum is ill defined.

If you want to invest a bit more time in the name of saving time overall, please consider...

a. The mini experiment already suggested of using the non music score files that come with the program and determining if the skips present in their playback of the Timeline in the Edit area. Please refer to post 12 and 14 for the prior suggestions details.

b. Download and install the Premiere Elements 13 tryout from the following web site and insert your purchased serial number into it during installation of them. And, try again to use

the Music Score. For installation from those files or others, there appears to be a delay between program installation and the appearance of the Music Score files under the Audio Tab and on the hard drive. So, give the Music Files time to do their thing after the program install.

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-13-direct-download-links-premiere.html

With this route you need to read and carry out carefully the web site's "Note: Very Important Instructions" in order to avoid an Access Denied message.

Please consider. We will go the extra mile to help you resolve this issue here.

ATR