2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2015 3:19 PM by Marion49

LR5 creating unwanted folders on import

Marion49

Hello,

first I want to say that I have been working with LR for several years, started with LR3, 4 and now 5; so I would call myself somewhat experienced with it, which is why this issue is driving me nuts! I just got a new computer, switching from pc to imac, and therefore installed the trial versions of LR and PS CC on my new iMac to get everything set up before I upgrade to the cloud for the new system. On my old pc, I am running LR 4 and before had 3 and never had this issue before. I took a screen shot which I will attach here. Basically, when I want to import pictures from the camera or a card, I select the source, then copy, then the folder I had created on my HD, make sure nothing else is checked unless I want to change the name...and in the Destination area, it shows me that with the selected pictures it will create two new folders. I did not create those folders, nor do I want them! Where are they coming from? I cannot delete them and if I uncheck-mark them all my selected pictures will be unchecked as well. So I assume it is some setting that I am missing, but for the life of me, I cannot find it and it drives me insane! I double checked all my preferences several times. I even made sure I checked the box in the General Tab - Ignore camera-generated folder names when naming folders. What am I missing? I am using the iMac 5K with OS X Yosemite10.10.1. Please help!LR5FileProblem.jpg