1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 8, 2015 10:42 PM by Herbert2001

Fireworks CS6 won't create editable PSD

My version of Fireworks CS6 installed through the Creative Cloud will not save PNG files as PSD files that are editable in previous versions of Photoshop or other software that supports PSDs.  My new PS CC 2014 will open the file with layers and elements editable, but in Photoshop Elements 8.0, the layers of the PSD are locked and not editable.  This problem was brought to my attention by another individual that I sent as PSD to. I do not know what software the person used to open the file, but I encountered the same issue on my machine.  After several tests and changes to saving preferences, the problem remains.  I have tried opening Fireworks PNGs generated on my computer on other computers, then generating the PSD and that seems to work, but my machine will not perform this function directly.  I am currently running Windows 7 Home Premium and all systems are up to date and checked as of today. 

• 1. Re: Fireworks CS6 won't create editable PSD
          Herbert2001 Level 4

That is strange. I tested it myself, and I have no issues saving a layered fireworks file as a psd file that I can open in Photoline: all layers are there, even the vector objects and masked bitmap versions of those same vector layers.

Just to confirm: you save the psd via FILE-->SAVE AS, and then choose "psd" as the file format?

Could you share a sample psd that you exported with us?