1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 6, 2015 11:35 PM by Laubender

Remove Structured Anchored Frame  without disturbing the XML Structure - Reg.

Adobe-InDesign CS4 Level 1

Dear All,

Please any one help me!, How to remove the xml Structured Anchored Frame without disturbing the XML Structure.

Manually If I'm removing the XML Structured Anchored Frame, the XML Structured is gone.

I tried so many ways.  If  I am removing manually in Grouped Frame, then this problem is not happens.

I mean, Create 2 separate frames Move any xml structured contents to that frames. Group that 2 frames and make it anchored.

Now you can remove that anchored, this xml Structure is not disturbing (I mean not removed).

If I did the same in above method for Single Text Frame, this xml Structure is gone.

Kindly any one person resolve this problem, Thanks in advance!!!

Note:

(1) I tried through in InDesign CS6 Plug-In, this is working perfectly. But I need in Javascript to do this.

Thanks & Regards

T.R.Harihara SudhaN

• 1. Re: Remove Structured Anchored Frame  without disturbing the XML Structure - Reg.
          Laubender Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hm – if you can do it with a Group object, why don't you wrap around a group object?

With ExtendScript it's quite possible to create Groups with only one single object.

If we have a text frame selected, you could add a "helper" rectangle to the spread.
          Group the text frame and the rectangle, then remove the rectangle from the group.

Now you have a Group with a single text frame.

var myTextFrame = app.selection[0];
          var myHelperRectangle = app.documents[0].layoutWindows[0].activeSpread.rectangles.add();
          var myGroup = app.documents[0].layoutWindows[0].activeSpread.groups.add([myTextFrame,myHelperRectangle]);
          myGroup.rectangles[0].remove();
          app.documents[0].select(myGroup);

Uwe