14 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2016 1:00 PM by Sue Garibaldi

Illustrator is not picking up my shapes library, how can I get them syncing properly?

wilsongraphic2015 Level 1

I'm using my iphone 5s to take vector images and them which should then save them directly to my cloub library but I cant find them anywhere and there are no libraries showing at all in my illustrator CC. Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Illustrator is not picking up my shapes library, how can I get them syncing properly?
          glassgirlJen Level 1

I'm having the same problem... I can't see my library in PS or AI. Hope someone will chime in here.

• 2. Re: Illustrator is not picking up my shapes library, how can I get them syncing properly?
            dummergold Level 4

For myself, I would like the 'shape' to be accessible on my iPhone, not the Cloud library. Then upload from the portable device onto the desktop via USB or iTune sync.

My internet speed is far too slow to access the Cloud. Just launching Illustrator takes forever when connecting to the internet because all the jaja that wants to load infront of Illustrator. My Cloud library is 'unable to connect to server'.

What a waist - to capture a photo on your phone and not being able to access it. Might as well just take a regular photo, import into Illustartor and trace it. It is the photo that I want, but I used the Adobe Shape app to 'lock' it from my use.

• 3. Re: Illustrator is not picking up my shapes library, how can I get them syncing properly?
              march67 Level 1

Im having the same problem. I had already created libraries inside indesign, and I can see them when I downloaded Adobe Shape CC on my iPhone. I created a new Library (called vector shapes) on my iPhone, but it does not show up in Illustrator. It DOES show up in Photoshop, but not Illustrator or indesign. Something wonky going on. I did quit all three applications and open them back up again - but that did not help.

• 4. Re: Illustrator is not picking up my shapes library, how can I get them syncing properly?
                mejarrett Level 1

I'm having the same problem. "Library" doesn't show up at all in Illustrator or Photoshop. I have Shape CC on my iPad and the graphics I make with it are showing up just fine in Creative Cloud, but there's no way to access them via Photoshop or Illustrator. Any one figure out how to fix this? I was so excited to use Shape CC, but it's useless if I can't do anything with the graphics.

• 5. Re: Illustrator is not picking up my shapes library, how can I get them syncing properly?
                  dummergold Level 4

and you have Illustrator 2014.1.1 (18.1.1)? You choose Window/Librairies? My library has a 'Cloud' icon with an 'X' that has a pop-up window that says 'Unable to connect to server'. But if I were to launch Shape on my iPhone, it would upload the shape to the Cloud, and if I were to connect my machine to a compatible internet connection, Illustrator has connected and accessed my 'shape' and put in my Library.

• 6. Re: Illustrator is not picking up my shapes library, how can I get them syncing properly?
                    mejarrett Level 1

That's right, I have Illustrator 18.1.1 but when I click on Window, there is no Libraries option.

Sent from my iPad

• 7. Re: Illustrator is not picking up my shapes library, how can I get them syncing properly?
                      camillal81123013 Level 1

Hey! Did anyone work out how to fix this? I am experiencing the same problem :/  I am unable to see images taken on my mobile using the app 'Adobe Shape' in Adobe Illustrator. I can see where they should be in the library in Adobe Illustrator - but no images from adobe shape are showing up in my library ...similarly no images taken from 'Adobe Shape' on my mobile are showing up in my files on creative cloud on my laptop? Any advice would be super!??

• 8. Re: Illustrator is not picking up my shapes library, how can I get them syncing properly?
                        march67 Level 1

What worked for me is: I quit ALL creative cloud applications, then (important step), I Quit Creative Cloud (go up to the cloud icon at the top of your screen, then choose the little gear icon off to the right and choose QUIT - then I restart my machine, and Signed back into Creative cloud and - viola - it works now.

Not sure if that will work for others - just my personal experience.

1 person found this helpful
                        • 9. Re: Illustrator is not picking up my shapes library, how can I get them syncing properly?
                          Geekess Level 1

I have the same problem: Created shapes with Capture on my Android phone, but they don't show up in my CC Library. They don't even show up in the online assets via the website. Tried putting them in a separate library, and in the main library... nothing.

This app is very useless this way :-( !

• 10. Re: Illustrator is not picking up my shapes library, how can I get them syncing properly?
                            Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Geekess,

I'm sorry you're having trouble. Two quick questions:

What device and version of the Android OS you're using?

What version of Capture are you using? (I'm noticing people having trouble just since the update about ten days ago)?

Sounds like you've been using the app for awhile, but just to check, are these the steps you're taking when you capture?

Snap the shutter.

Tap Keep in Shape.

Tap the Next arrow.

The app does the smoothing then opens the info page (where you can name the asset and place it in a library).

Then you tap the checkmark to save it.

What happens after you tap the checkmark?

I've already mentioned this to our engineers but any additional details would be helpful.

Thanks for your time.

Sue.

• 11. Re: Illustrator is not picking up my shapes library, how can I get them syncing properly?
                              Geekess Level 1

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S6 with the latest Android.
                              The shapes appear in the Capture app, that isn't the problem. The problem was that they didn't sync with my assets on other places than my phone.

But I think it is fixed now. I sent myself an e-mail with a link to the shape (via share). I then accessed the link on my desktop PC. I could see the shape, and after that, browse up to the other Capture shapes.

Maybe it was the sharing of the link that forced a resync (although I already had logged out of my CC account in all instances (browser, software, CC app), restarted my computer, re-logged in to my assets page in the browser and still found nothing), or maybe it took some hours longer than I expected for the sync to work... but it appears to be working now, so I'm very happy with the app!

• 12. Re: Illustrator is not picking up my shapes library, how can I get them syncing properly?

Hi Geekess,

Well... I'm glad it's working now. "Hours" does seem a long time for assets to sync, but it's possible that the wifi connection wasn't strong enough. It's also possible that the app just needed to be left open for a bit.

I'll have the engineers test it on that device. Thanks for the extra information.

Sue.

• 13. Re: Illustrator is not picking up my shapes library, how can I get them syncing properly?
                                  Between

I'm having a similar problem, here's how it played out for me (if that helps Adobe Quality Assurance folks)

1.) I made some test libraries in PSD, Ai, InD - they synced nicely between each other, everything fine.

2.) Installed Adobe Capture in my Nexus 5 (latest Android in March 2016)

3.) Started making shapes, brushes etc - synced perfectly, all fine

4.) Now the update for Capture comes: Paterns! I'm super excited about this feature. So I make tons of new patterns, only to find....no syncing. They do not show up either on my online assets site or in my in-program libraries. Only in Capture can I see them.

5.) I make some new brushes, shapes, hoping that the established features still sync - no, they don't. I cannot manually prompt Capture to reupload (would be great to have, btw)

6.) By now I have made numerous changes to the SAME library both in Capture and in the desktop programs - not great, I know, but I wanted to know if provoking a conflict would prompt a reload, a warning message, anything....nope so far.

7.) I changed the name of ONE of my two test libraries in Capture.

8.) By some chance of fate (I honestly do not know what might have cause it), Capture seems to sync with the Cloud again... but only ONE of my two libraries, namely the one with the UNCHANGED name. Probably logical, but still I'm hoping Adobe created some way to catch these sorta double-crossings (could happen just because the phone has no wifi for a while)

9.) I can now access and use one of my libraries with the updated content created in Capture. My other library, with the changed name, lives on with the "old" name and content in my cloud. No updating luck so far.

Maybe this helps the QA, maybe there is already a patch coming up in the 2016 release - anyway, I hope to be able to use the libraries and Capture much more, and without the constant worry that my things will only sync very, very occasionally.

• 14. Re: Illustrator is not picking up my shapes library, how can I get them syncing properly?

Hi Between,

I'm going to pass all of your comments along to the product team, but a couple of things:

* You can force a library sync by going into it and using the swipe down gesture.

* What version of Capture are you using? We released an update on June 3 (v2.0.301) that addressed some of these syncing issues. (You can find this information by tapping the hamburger icon in the upper left of the screen then tapping About Capture.)

Sue.