8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2015 5:37 PM by A.T. Romano

Can't open the software

Stepp Chizzel

I have a P.C and I can't open my Adobe premiere Elements 12. I click on Video Editor then New Project and it just keep spooling then it goes back to the main screen again. How can I get it to open. This wasn't happening before. It use to open up perfectly. I re-downloaded the disc again and still no luck. What can I do?

• 1. Re: Can't open the software
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Stepp Chizzel

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on? Had you updated 12 to 12.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Update?

Usual troubleshooting

1. Does problem exist with and without antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

2. Are you using a pen and tablet device instead of mouse?

3. Latest version of QuickTime installed and running these programs as Administrator?

Please try the solutions in the following

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/04/pe12-premiere-elements-12-editor-will.html

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/04/pe12-sign-in-failure-connect-to.html

It is not clear...are you installing the program from installation files obtained from online purchase or are you

installing the program from an installation disc that came with box packaging of the product?

Is your computer connected to the Internet?

We will be watching for your progress.

ATR

• 2. Re: Can't open the software
            Stepp Chizzel Level 1

I used an installastion disc on a 64 bit os. I have done no updates because I can't even open the projects.

• 3. Re: Can't open the software
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Stepp Chizzel

Thanks for the reply.

Please let us know the results from the suggestions in post 1 of your thread, and then we can decide what next if none of them

corrected the problem.

ATR

• 4. Re: Can't open the software
                Stepp Chizzel Level 1

The only thing in my host file is this -  127.0.0.1       localhost... I don't understand what to do. Do I suppose to add something in there?

• 5. Re: Can't open the software
                  Stepp Chizzel Level 1

Is it something with registration? If so how can I re register?

• 6. Re: Can't open the software
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Stepp Chizzel

Thanks for the reply. If you see nothing but the default in the Notepad document of the hosts file, then you do nothing.

Did you rename the SLCache Folder that was described in that same blog post troubleshooting? If you have not done that, please give that

a try. That Folder  is supposed to be involved in the program activation phase.

If that does not work, then do the uninstall reinstall using the following scheme

1. Uninstall the program the usual Control Panel way.

2. Do a ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts)

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

3. Reinstall the program with the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

Please let us know the outcome when you get a chance. The problem probably resides in the activation rather than registration.

ATR

Add On...Also look at Computer/Manage/Event Viewer/Windows Logs and its Application category for any errors, information, or warnings

related to the time the problem took place.

• 7. Re: Can't open the software
                      Stepp Chizzel Level 1

I ran a test with System Mechanic and it said that I had 2 items that wasn't registered. It said Premiere Elements was one.

• 8. Re: Can't open the software
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Stepp Chizzel

At the end of Premiere Elements installation you get a Sign In dialog. You need to get beyond the Sign In to gain access to the program.

It is in the Sign In dialog, that I believe product activation takes place. You do not have a separate step for product registration. Product registration

takes place automatically with product activation. Thank is my take on what is going on.

That is the rationale behind targeting product activation in this issue.

a. Have you deleted or disabled the SLCache Folder yet (this is supposed to be involved with product activation)?

b. Are you working with the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled so that they are not interfering with product activation?

c. Is your Internet connect working?

I had a terrible time last year with Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 Sign In. The solutions in those blog posts

are what finally worked for me. That is why I want to make sure that we go through those solutions and get them ruled in or out

of the troubleshooting equation.

ATR