5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2015 8:51 AM by klcaton

Modifying titles within the video

klcaton

I am trying to add titles within my video, can I modify the title? For example change the background color

• 1. Re: Modifying titles within the video
          A.T. Romano Level 7

klcaton

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

You can add titles in your Premiere Elements project by creating them in the project's Titler workspace, having them on Video 2 directly above the clips on Video 1.

After the Titler is closed and you decide you want to do more edits of a title, you double click the title now on the Timeline

to open the project's titles in the Titler workspace for further edits.

The black background in the titles is not the color black. The black background in the title represents transparency which allow the video

below to show through.

Instead of the video on Video 1, you could use a colored matte from New Item/Color Matte.

Please give more details on what you want to do and program/computer operating system information, and we will customize a reply

for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Modifying titles within the video
            klcaton Level 1

I appreciate your help. I just saw this response.  I am very new to anything adobe so the terminology you were using has confused me a little. I'm very sorry.

I have windows 8. I am running premiere elements 12.

On my last video, I made a shape (square) the color I wanted it on a blank transition slide and typed the text on the shape. It was very time consuming to do that because I had to make the shape, change the color and arrange the layers of the shape and text. I'm sure there is an easier way to do that.

• 3. Re: Modifying titles within the video
              A.T. Romano Level 7

kicaton

Thanks for the reply.

In what program did you making this square shape - in Premiere Elements? What do you mean by a blank transition slide?

I can envision you creating a title file in the Titler workspace of Premiere Elements which would be one file with a colored square

with text of preferred color in it. But, from your description, I am not sure where you really are creating this shape.

Are you doing your shape image in Photoshop and are seeking an easier way to do that in Premiere Elements which is a video editor?

If so, you would probably get more creative opportunities in Photoshop, but I could suggest a way (straight forward step by step) to do that in Premiere Elements Titler workspace.

Could it be possible to post a jpg screenshot of one of the typical images so that I am better in sync with what you seek.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Modifying titles within the video
                A.T. Romano Level 7

klcaton

What was your reply to my post numbered 3?

klcaton    Community Member

More later.

ATR

• 5. Re: Modifying titles within the video
                  klcaton Level 1

thank you again for the info.

I am in the titles and texts tab on the bottom toolbar. What I did last time was make a square on a blank title slide. I created the square from the adjustments tab where you can edit the title.