12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2015 1:45 PM by somnamblst

How to make ads/banners published for an Adserver (only an HTML file with all js files and images linked)

claursen Level 1

Hi everyone!

I'm hoping someone can solve this.

I have made some ads in Edge Animate CC and need to put them on an Adserver....

but the adserver company only accept the HTML code... only extra files or images.

This means linking the images and the .js files to URLs. I have done it with the images but are hitting a wall with the _edge.js

I added the script in the HTML to load the _edge.js. (<script src="http://www.christianlaursen.net/ADS/WL_AD_160x600_edge.js"></script>)

But I get certain errors in the console which I believe relates to how Edge tries to load _edge.js locally (even if i load it separately)

Uncaught ReferenceError: AdobeEdge is not defined                    WL_AD_160x600_edge.js:3

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND                 file:///C:/Users/claursen/Desktop/WL_AD_160x600_edge.js

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'stage' of undefined    edge.5.0.1.min.js:133

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'stage' of undefined    edge.5.0.1.min.js:126

This is as far as I got. I am not sure 100% the script is being loaded correctly, but as the console is complaining about the local file, I have

a feeling it's with Edge's attempt to load it locally that causing it to stop.

Anyone doing Ads with Edge? It seems it should be such a simple thing and also important thing

Thanks in advance for reading and any given help!