2 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2006 8:18 AM by Sivia

ROTATING AN OBJECT HELP!!!!

Albert339434
      Hi,
      Im a VERY NEW person to fireworks. Just opened the program, i need to create rotating balls for a chemistry presentation. Like i need a red sphere that will rotate when it is played. I would like to put the final product in a powerpoint presentation. Please help... is there any way to draw out the red sphere and make it rotate 3-d like?
        • 1. Re: ROTATING AN OBJECT HELP!!!!
          Level 7
          On Sun, 07 May 2006 22:54:25 +0400, Albert339434
          <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:

> Hi,
          > Im a VERY NEW person to fireworks. Just opened the program, i need to
          > create
          > rotating balls for a chemistry presentation. Like i need a red sphere
          > that will
          > rotate when it is played. I would like to put the final product in a
          > powerpoint
          > presentation. Please help... is there any way to draw out the red sphere

Relatively easy. Draw perfect circle with Ellipse tool, holding Shift key.
          Assign fill to "Radial", set color to light red for center, dark red for
          outer area. Drag fill center handler from the circle center to, say, left
          and top a bit. Voila. It looks like silly plastic sphere without specular
          highlight and cool metallic reflections, but it looks sphere-like enough
          (and well, we can do specular highlight but it's more tricky).

> and
          > make it rotate 3-d like?

I have no idea what you are talking about. If I rotate the sphere, it's
          appearance will not change. It will still be round.

--
          Ilya Razmanov
          http://photoshop.msk.ru - Photoshop plug-in filters
          • 2. Re: ROTATING AN OBJECT HELP!!!!
            Sivia
            I created a scientific sight with a rotating virus on the opening page. Create your "rotating red ball" (that is shaded so that you can see it rotating) in Quicktime. Use Flash to "import" the movie (rotating object), then "publish" the movie in Flash, creating a .swf file. After that, you drag the movie file into any cell on a page that will hold the movie.

Read Flash manual re: Publiching movies.

Good luck ... it is a bit of a learning curve, but well worth the effort ...