6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2015 9:35 AM by A.T. Romano

Importing video/photos from Organizer using Get Media command in the Project Workspace.

turbo_pensioner

I wish to import video/photos from elements organizer as it seem it should be fairly convenient. I understand this can be done using drag and drop. But how?

• 1. Re: Importing video/photos from Organizer using Get Media command in the Project Workspace.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

turbo_pensioner

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

ATR

• 2. Re: Importing video/photos from Organizer using Get Media command in the Project Workspace.
            A.T. Romano Level 7

turbo_pensioner

I was waiting for you to supply program version/computer information so that I could give you a reply specific to your situation. In the absence of

that, please let me give you information related to version 11, 12, or 13 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit before your thread gets moved through the other threads out of

sight. Hopefully your question will related to one of the programs I have mentioned.

Expert workspace

If you open those programs to the Expert workspace, select Add Media/Elements Organizer, an Elements Organizer panel will pop up with media choices from the Elements Organizer.

You can get them into the Premiere Elements Expert workspace Project Assets/Timeline two ways

a. you click on the file's thumbnail in the panel to select it, and then click on the Add Files button at the bottom right of that panel. That puts the file on the Timeline and also puts a copy in Project Assets.

b. you can click and drag the file's thumbnail from that panel to the Timeline. That puts the file on the Timeline and also puts a copy in Project Assets.

Quick workspace

You can do essentially the same thing. However, there is no Project Assets Palette for storage of the file's that you are importing into the project.

In this workspace there is a Filmstrip with scene spaces. Your file will go into a scene space.

Please let us know if the above targeted the information that you sought.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Importing video/photos from Organizer using Get Media command in the Project Workspace.
              turbo_pensioner Level 1

I thank you for your reply and apologise that I was unable to acknowledge it immediately. I  have read your reply but I' m not sure how I can translate it to my situation as I am working from Elements version 10. My computer is using Windows 7 and has 8GB RAM and loads of memory.

• 4. Re: Importing video/photos from Organizer using Get Media command in the Project Workspace.
                A.T. Romano Level 7

turbo_pensioner

Thanks for the additional information. Please review and consider the following which is specific for your Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 7 64 bit. And, if you need clarification on anything that I have have, please do not hesitate to ask.

Importing videos and photos from Elements Organizer 10 to the Premiere Elements 10 Timeline workspace....

1. In the Elements Organizer 10 workspace, right click an individual video or photo (or a selection of all at one time), and, from the pop up menu, select Edit with Premiere Elements Editor

or

2. In the Premiere Elements 10 Timeline workspace, use Get Media/Elements Organizer to open the Elements Organizer where you can do what you did in "1" above.

Note: In selecting more than 1 file at a time

a. If photos are positioned in series, Shift click the first and then with the Shift still held down click the last in the series

b. If photo are scattered in positions, then Ctrl click each file wanted.

Please let us know if the information above is what you are seeking.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Importing video/photos from Organizer using Get Media command in the Project Workspace.
                  turbo_pensioner Level 1

Absolutely brilliant! Thank you so much for saving me from tearing out what little of my hair remains. I've fiddled around trying various moves for 2 years to get to this point. Thank you again.

Stephen Smith.

• 6. Re: Importing video/photos from Organizer using Get Media command in the Project Workspace.
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Stephen Smith

Thanks for reporting back with your good news of success. Great job.

Please never hesitate to ask questions or to ask for clarification. We are glad for the opportunity to share information with you so that

you can move forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

Best wishes

ATR