6 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2016 9:12 AM by Szalam

Chunk in file too big

j-d-studio

Whenever i try to render out my project it gives me the error 33 :: 7 :

"After Effects error: chunk in file too big - probably unsupported file version"

Whats wrong?

I have the latest version of After Effects CC and a Mac Pro:

3,7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5

64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC

AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB

Yosemite 10.10.1

• 1. Re: Chunk in file too big
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You have not provided any exact output settings or details about your project, so we can't really know. Sounds like you have an issue with one of your source files...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Chunk in file too big
            j-d-studio Level 1

It happens even with every output type, even if i try to do a RAM preview.

The project i quite large, around 70 .dng clips averaging around 1.5 TB. They are all composed together into a large scene at the same time. I have made small proxy files wich work very well, but whenever i turn on multiprocessing it gives me this error.

• 3. Re: Chunk in file too big
              khangkhung

Hi Mylenium and j-d-studio,

I had encountered this problem twice. When I opened the project file, it gave me a bunch of errors (attached below)  The missing files were converted to "RECOVERED" placeholders.1.png2.png3.png4.png

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS I TRIED:

I tried creating a new compostion and importing the project file, it didn't work.

I copied the project file only to a separate drive. I unplugged my external drive to make the files offline. hoping that a relinking of files will do the trick. but it also didn't work.

WORKING SETUP:

I open AE CC from an external drive where my project files and media are located. These files are synced with my DROPBOX account. DROPBOX is always running whenever I work, so when I save a project file it immediately saves it to the cloud. I'm saying this because the dropbox syncing might be the culprit. I've had instances where I get an error whenever saving a project file when the dropbox is running, I had to close dropbox, save the project file, then run dropbox again. Ironically, the same thing happens whenever I work in premiere pro cs6.

I hope we get an answer for this.

Thanks

• 4. Re: Chunk in file too big
                khangkhung Level 1

SOLUTION FOUND j-d-studio

From a different adobe discussion thread, I opened my recent AUTO-SAVE AE project file and the project opened without any hiccups! I immediately saved a copy to a different folder. Hope this works for you!

I still want to know what's causing all that problems though.

• 5. Re: Chunk in file too big
                  Shutterlab Level 1

I'm getting the same error when attempting to open a project I was just working on successfully 2 hours ago. Here is the follow-up error that I receive:

Any word on what could cause this? I've only just started to trouble shoot.

• 6. Re: Chunk in file too big
                    Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Shutterlab wrote:

I'm getting the same error

Which of the error messages mentioned in this thread do you get?

What is the actual version number of AE you are running (down to the last decimal)? (It's no good saying, "the latest" because the CC app has been lying to folks a lot recently.)

What OS?