12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2015 11:45 AM by Montucky

No Audio

Montucky Level 1

When I import video into my project it will not play the audio. The odd thing is is that as long as the video is conforming the audio works but as soon as its done conforming I get no more audio.

• 1. Re: No Audio
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Delete video, empty your media cache and import again. Dont do anything until its finished comforming.

See if that will work.

• 2. Re: No Audio
            Montucky Level 1

Still no audio. I even deleted the sequence closed the program and tried it again.  Still nothing.

• 3. Re: No Audio
              Peferling Level 4

Go into the projects preview file folder and make sure the .cfa and pek files are there and not zero size.

Are you playing the audio back through any special hardware?  Need more specific details such as format, settings, etc.

• 4. Re: No Audio
                Montucky Level 1

Where is the projects preview file folder?

• 5. Re: No Audio
                  Montucky Level 1

Just noticed a little red x saying “A disk error has occurred while attempting to write the following file” then it gives my file name.

• 6. Re: No Audio
                    Montucky Level 1

I’m not using any special hardware that I know of.  The audio plays fine on my computer its only when I import it in premier that it stops working.

• 7. Re: No Audio
                      jstrawn Adobe Employee

If none of the above suggestions have helped yet and if you have not been hearing audio at all within PrPro on that system, then you might want to check your audio hardware preferences...

Are you sure that your Audio Hardware is configured to use whatever your system is using for audio output? To make sure go do PrePro (or Edit on win) > Preferences > Audio  Hardware --> under "ASIO Hadware", in the pulldown for "Adobe Desktop Audio" make sure it says either "System Default Input/Output" or else points to whatever your system is set to. For example if I tell my system to use my line output to external speakers, then I make sure it says "Built In Line Output" next to "Adobe Desktop Audio".

• 8. Re: No Audio
                        Montucky Level 1

It’s not that it’s not playing the audio so much as no audio wave form is on timeline as if the audio file does not exist.

• 9. Re: No Audio
                          jstrawn Adobe Employee

I usually see that when the pek/cfa files have not generated yet. Even if they have generated in the past there are some older bugs where they have to re-generate every time you open the project. So the first thing is to look in the lower right and see if there is some status info about audio previews generating. If so, just wait for them to finish. Beyond that, maybe try deleting things like media cache files, prefs and preview files, then re-launching prpro and letting them all re-generate from scratch again.

Delete media cache

Trash preferences

Sequence menu > Delete Render Files

• 10. Re: No Audio
                            Montucky Level 1

In the lower right corner there is a red x saying “A disk error has occurred while attempting to write the following file” then it gives my file name.

• 11. Re: No Audio
                              Peferling Level 4

Where is the projects preview file folder?

Conformed audio files, by default, reside in a sub folder "adobe ppro preview files" where you're project file is saved.  Goto File, Project Settings, Scratch Disk Tab to see the file path.

scratch disks.jpg

Just noticed a little red x saying “A disk error has occurred while attempting to write the following file” then it gives my file name.

Is your disk full?  Can't write is there's no room.

• 12. Re: No Audio
                                Montucky Level 1

Is this right?