5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2015 11:32 AM by Mary Lou Frost

combining projects in premiere elements 13

Mary Lou Frost Level 1

I have created 2 short projects in the software on a Mac.  Each project is saved separately.  How can I combine them into one longer project?

Mary Lou

• 1. Re: combining projects in premiere elements 13
          Mary Lou Frost Level 1

They have not been rendered.

Mary Lou

• 2. Re: combining projects in premiere elements 13
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Mary Lou

Premiere Elements 13 Mac.

Please export the Timeline content of project 1 to an .mp4 file with export settings consistent with the project settings of projects 1 and 2.

Open project 2 with project preset consistent with properties of the project 1 export, and import the export from project 1. Export the total Timeline content (export

from project 1 + the original content of project 2) to the end product.

Please let us know if you are OK with those details. There is a ClipMate copy/paste insert between Premiere Elements projects but

ClipMate is a Windows Only product.

ATR

• 3. Re: combining projects in premiere elements 13
              Mary Lou Frost Level 1

Where will I find the "import" and "export" commands in Premiere Elements 13?

Mary Lou

• 4. Re: combining projects in premiere elements 13
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Mary Lou Frost

Premiere Elements 13 Mac...

For importing media into the project, in the Expert or Export area, you go to Add Media and select the appropriate choice for your situation.

MaryLou1.JPG

For exporting your Timeline content, in the Expert or Export area, you go the area designated Publish+Share/ and make your choices and subchoices.

MaryLou2.JPG

What do you want to do? If you post some details of your source and how you would like to export it (to file saved to the hard drive or to disc), I

will post information specific to your case.

Have you explored the Expert Guided or Quick Guided lessons in the program? If not, please click on Expert and Guided and review some of the

lessons to determine if they are a help or not.

MaryLou3.JPG

Note: These screenshots are from Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 7 64 bit. They should be the same for Premiere Elements 13 Mac.

Depending on what country you are in, eLive may not be included in the list of headers eLive, Quick Guided Expert.

Please let us know if you are OK with the above information.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: combining projects in premiere elements 13
                  Mary Lou Frost Level 1

I accidentally found a solution.

I had a longer and shorter media section of video taken of monkeys in Florida.

I "shared" the short section as an mpeg video.  With the longer project open, I was able to drag the mpeg video file into the project through "drop files here".

It worked and I temporarily solved my problem.

I will follow your directions to gain a better understanding when I am under less pressure.

Thanks.

Mary Lou