7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2015 3:39 PM by NikovichB

Having several problems with Adobe Premiere Elements 13.  Right now my worst is that when I add text to a clip, it goes out of "auto color" while the text is up.  Help?

NikovichB

I'm having a number of problems with Elements 13.  One is that, while in "play" mode, the sound will just stop happening.  I have to click "pause" then "go" again and the sound comes back.  It also stops playing on it's own, I have to hit "play" repeatedly.  Just got the software, have been using it extensively for a week or two, and this just started happening.dor

Now today, when I add text to a clip, it drops out of "auto color" while the text is visible in the clip, then back into auto color when the text is gone.  Any suggestiosn?

• 1. Re: Having several problems with Adobe Premiere Elements 13.  Right now my worst is that when I add text to a clip, it goes out of "auto color" while the text is up.  Help?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

nikovichb

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running on?

For now I will assume Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if that does not work, delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere

Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path cited.

I am not sure of what you describe

when I add text to a clip, it drops out of "auto color" while the text is visible in the clip, then back into auto color when the text is gone.

Are you saying that you have a clip on Video 1 to which you have applied "Auto Color" and, when you have a title created in the program's Titler over it on Video 2,

the Auto Color effect is not seen in the clip on Video 1? You keep saying "in the clip" rather than "over the clip" for your text, so I am wondering if I am reading your details correctly.

Please clarify.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Having several problems with Adobe Premiere Elements 13.  Right now my worst is that when I add text to a clip, it goes out of "auto color" while the text is up.  Help?
            NikovichB Level 1

Thanx for your reply.  I'm new to Elements, and working in "quick" rather than "expert", so bear with me.  Some of what you wrote I don't understand.

I'm on Windows 7.  I'll try deleting the file you suggested.

As to the text problem...I don't have a "Video 1"--is that when you work in "expert"?  What you said is correct...when I add Auto Color, then try to put text in, it shows up in the Timeline without the Auto Color until the text disappears.  I rebooted and it's not doing it now, but it's still glitchy in other ways.

Okay, I switched to "expert" and I see what you mean by "Video 1", but I'm not sure how that relates...there's nothing in "Video 2", and "Video 3" is the text, from the look of it.

Sorry to be such a doofus...I'm not stupid, but this is brand new to me and rather complex.  I was a desktop publisher all my working life, but that was up until ten years ago...software has progressed a LOT since then, and I'm new to working in video.  Thanx!

• 3. Re: Having several problems with Adobe Premiere Elements 13.  Right now my worst is that when I add text to a clip, it goes out of "auto color" while the text is up.  Help?
              NikovichB Level 1

Okay, I deleted the "prefs" file.  Maybe it would help if I explained further.  I use "default text" to add comments to the videos, so that's what I mean by "adding text".  The videos are made to share runs with my dogs with a group of urban mushers of which I'm part, so I add text to explain things on the trail as I go along (in this case sighting of coyotes).  So I use "default text" a lot...and recently, rather than showing the clip I'm adding text to, it sometimes comes up with a blank grey screen for the addition of text...then this morning, adding text caused the Auto Color to disappear in the Timeline.

I'm also having increasing problems with the video ceasing to play, on its own, and I have to click the arrow to start it playing again, and before that and continuing, the sound would just cease as the video played.  It also freezes periodically.  All this has been happening over time...I've been working in Elements 13 pretty much daily since the beginning of December.  I'm wondering if the Elements file has been corrupted or something, and I'll be working in it heavily for some time to come, as I'm compiling a video of the runs of different people in that group which will end up over an hour in length.

I have tried reading and watching the tutorials, but a lot of it is very confusing to me, since I'm unfamiliar with the language and protocols.

I really appreciate any help you can give me, thank you ATR.

• 4. Re: Having several problems with Adobe Premiere Elements 13.  Right now my worst is that when I add text to a clip, it goes out of "auto color" while the text is up.  Help?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

nikovichb

Thanks for the follow up with additional details. Can I assume that deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file had no influence on your Premiere Elements 13 issues?

Did you also delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists?

Whether I write it or someone else does, if you do not understand what has been written, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will try to clarify,

writing the details or comments another way.

I will be looking at this in both the Quick and Expert workspaces. I typically run the program in the Expert workspace since I believe that you can see better

what you are doing and thus have more control over the project activities. But, Adobe more often than not does its demos using the Quick workspace.

Based on your latest post (3), I will be back will some questions to define the situation and hopefully some answers.

More later.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Having several problems with Adobe Premiere Elements 13.  Right now my worst is that when I add text to a clip, it goes out of "auto color" while the text is up.  Help?
                  NikovichB Level 1

I deleted the Prefs, not the whole folder.  I haven't been working in Elements since then, so I don't know if it had any effect.  Except that I DID go back and check the video that I had the "auto color" problems with, and it's fine.  It WAS fine...relatively.  Before I got your first reply here, I had rebooted my computer completely and started a new "project", and this time what was happening with auto color didn't happen again. I still got that grey screen when adding text a couple of times, but otherwise it was mostly fine...the "auto color" seems to blink in and out in places (but not in places with added text), but doesn't disappear completely like it did before.  If it's any help, the completed video, less than two minutes long, is at 2015 01 08 Coyotes at The Ponds - YouTube.

I guess I'd like to figure out what's causing the clips to stop running, the sound to disappear, the grey screens when adding text, and the freezes simply because they came on over time and I'm concerned about increasing problems.  Whatever caused the auto color to (conflict?) with the added text isn't a problem any more...or, infamously I suppose, 'until it happens again'.

I have to get off the computer for a while, but I'll check back.  Thanx again; you'll just have to put up with me repeating how much I really appreciate all your help!

• 6. Re: Having several problems with Adobe Premiere Elements 13.  Right now my worst is that when I add text to a clip, it goes out of "auto color" while the text is up.  Help?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

nikovichb

If we are looking at the same thing, you have called attention to one strange Premiere Elements 13 AutoColor/Titler interaction. This can be reproduced in the Expert or

the Quick workspace. I will demo this in the Quick workspace since that is where you have been working.

1. Import a still into the Quick workspace/Filmstrip.

2. With the still selected, go to Adjust Tab/Adjustments Palette/Color Panel expanded and just click on the Auto Color Tab. Close the Adjust Tab route.

3. Go to Text Menu/New Text/Default Text to open the project's Titler. When you do that you see the following and not the still over which the text title is to go.

AutoColor.JPG

And when you close the Titler, you then see the "Add Text" text title in the still.

AutoColorTitlerClosed.JPG

The only solution that I can think of at this time is to create the text title and then apply the Auto Color to the still.

It is interesting that this only happens with the Auto Color in the Color Panel selected. If you do not click on

Color Panel and use the More options for Color adjustments, this behavior does not take place.

Deletion of Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file does not correct this situation.

As for

I'm having a number of problems with Elements 13.  One is that, while in "play" mode, the sound will just stop happening.  I have to click "pause" then "go" again and the sound comes back.  It also stops playing on it's own, I have to hit "play" repeatedly.  Just got the software, have been using it extensively for a week or two, and this just started happening.dor

I think that here we need to explore project settings (project presets), properties of source media, and Timeline rendered and unrendered content prior to export.

Please review the above

a. verify if the Auto Color Text Title glitch that I saw is what you described in your situation

b. give the details of your project so that we can explore cause and effect for Timeline content playback irregularities as seen in the Edit area monitor.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: Having several problems with Adobe Premiere Elements 13.  Right now my worst is that when I add text to a clip, it goes out of "auto color" while the text is up.  Help?
                      NikovichB Level 1

Wow, you are GOOD!  Yes, that is exactly what I get, periodically, not always.  The simple answer appears to be just to add whatever text I want BEFORE applying "auto color".  I don't use Auto Color that often...right now where I live (near San Francisco, CA), we're in the midst of "spare-the-air" days, lots of gunk in the air so my video came out greyish.  Usually I don't need Auto Color, but I will make a note of that for future reference.  Thanx!  The only reason it causes any problem is that I can't see where in the video I'm putting my text...I can always move it after the fact, but it's one more step and I was wondering why it was happening.  I wonder if that also explains the problem I initially posted about, where the Auto Color seemed to "disengage" when I added text...?  If that issue happens again, I will try not engaging Auto Color until I have inserted any text, and see if that solves it.

As to the rest, I would need to know what specific details you need of the projects wherein these things have happened.  They don't happen all the time, tho' they seem to have been happening more frequently as time goes on, and I'm now working with a lot of different material.  I'm working my own long-term project, which involves importing .m2ts files from my Panasonic videocam and .MP4 files from my Drift action cam.  I also run .MP4 files from the Drift through ProDrenalin to remove the fish-eye, then compile the resultant .mp4 file output from ProDrenalin through Elements to compile them into a video.  BUT this was happening before I got the Drift or ProDrenalin, which was just last week.  I'm also working on a compilation of videos from the group I mentioned above, which include .mp4, .mov, .wmv, .jpg, .gif, .bmp and .mp4 files sent to me or downloaded from YouTube, as well as .mp3 files...tho' again, the glitches in question were happening before I began THAT project, as well.  The things I describe started happening when I was only working with.m2ts files from the Panasonic.  So I'm not sure which "details" you need.