1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 8, 2007 4:56 AM by linzi007

cannot create connection

gallen7
      I have one client that I cannot set up a connection for using Contribute 4..
      I have no difficulty accessing the site with an FTP client and the FTPChecker utility that was suggested in one of the help files passes all its tests with flying colours. I can browse the site in the connection wizard and see the proper directory but when I select it the connection fails. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the way the site is hosted/managed:
      i.e given a site of http://mysite.com, CPanel indicates that the website files are in public_html.
      The corresponding ftp address is ftp.mysite.com and logging in there with an FTP client make the directory look like \ (i.e. a root directory).
      I have tried every combination of directory name I can think of but no luck.
      I hate it when wizards try to be smarter than people and then fail... just give me a d*amn configuration file I can edit. At the moment it seems like it may require more effort (and $$$) to let them edit pages than for me to just upload their changes via FTP.
        • 1. Re: cannot create connection
          linzi007
          Hi there

Having exactly the same problem. But only from the clients offices. From our own offices the connection works fine with Contribute 4. Very annoying as I have already wasted 2 afternoons trying to start a training session!!

Have spoken to the hosting company and they say there is nothing they can do from their end and I can't seem to replicate the problem anywhere else.