1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 8, 2015 4:02 PM by A.T. Romano

gopro

grainy gopro footage

I have taken footage in 1080 at 60 frames a minute that looks flawless on windows media player, but as soon as it is uploaded to adobe premiere elements it becomes grainy and loses the very sharpness and detail that I bought the gopro for.  I have tried everything and can not get rid of the grainy look, it is making me unbelievably mad and I need help.

• 1. Re: gopro
          A.T. Romano Level 7

grainy

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

What is the model/settings for the GoPro that is recording your source video?

What is the project preset that you (manually) or the project (automatically) is setting as the project preset to match the properties of the source media?

What are the reading for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, Pixel Aspect Ratio under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General after the project preset has

been established by you or the project?

What are the properties of your source media including file extension?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer? And are you running it and Premiere Elements as Administrator?

Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

If you right click the Edit area monitor, select Playback Quality, what is the setting - Automatic or Highest?

Under

What do you have set for Timeline Render Quality under Edit Menu/Preferences/General?

Are you looking at the rendered or unrendered Timeline content in the Edit area monitor?

Let us start here and then decide what next. The answers should be in the details.

Thanks.

ATR