We have installed Robohelp Server 6 on Windows 2000 server
with the desire to connect to SQL (2000). We are not getting it to
connect due to time outs that lead us at the moment to believe it
is a permissions issue.
Background – The server was installed using the scripts
in Technote KB 400352 \
– We are now reviewing the more detail permisions stated
within KB 4003352
We want to verfiy the permissions of ODBC.INI but cannot find
the Permissons and Securtiy tab as stated in Step 4 and 5. Ther is
no Permission when we right click on the OBDC.INI key The server
admin is well experience and at this point cannot help me until I
get futher clarification.
This is from the Technote
1. Set the required Pre-Install registry permissions.
1. Open the registry editor by going to Start > Run,
keying in regedit and pressing OK.
2. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI.
3. Right click on the ODBC.INI key.
4. Select Permissions.
5. Click on the Security tab.
6. Press Add.
7. Change the "From this location" or "Look in" dialog states
the server computer name:
For Windows 2000 - Press the drop down and select the server
For Windows XP Pro and 2003 Server - Press the Locations
button and select the server computer name.
8. Add the RoboRuntime group:
For Windows 2000 - Select the RoboRuntime group and press the
For Windows XP Pro and 2003 Server - In the Enter the object
names to select dialog, key in RoboRuntime.
9. Press OK.
10. With the RoboRuntime group selected, configure the
permissions so that Full control is checked.
11. Press OK.
Can anyone tell me how we can get to the Permissions/Secrutiy
Tabs as stated in the Technote?
Does anyone have Robohelp Server 6 running with SQL as the
Answering part of my own question. I not a server admin,
however after my post i went back to my "2003" Notes on Roboengine.
The KB400352 Technote has an error - It should state "regedt32" in
the instructions. Regedt32 provides the permissions view. At least
on Windows 2000 Server.
I still would like to know who is sucessfully running SQL
(2000) as a database with Robohelp Server 6?