2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2015 9:37 PM by areohbee

Why does lightroom export all other settings except adjustment brush?

Mæds

Hello! I´m new to Lightroom and I´ve seen topics that cover kind of the same issue but here´s mine: I have this portrait pic and it´s a raw file. I import it to lightroom and do all the adjustments in the Basic, Tone curve, Detail tabs etc. When I´m happy with all those settings I export it to JPEG. When I open the JPEG file it looks almost exactly like the one in Lightroom when I put them side by side on the same monitor. There are some slight differences that you can expect.

Then I want to enhance the clarity and underexpose a couple of things with the adjustmentbrush. After doing this I export the file once again hoping the adjustment brush changes will follow in the export, but they dont. So my issue is that i seems Lightroom export all adjustments (that I´ve used so far) except the adjustment brush. Anyone know what´s wrong here? An answer would be much appreciated!

• 1. Re: Why does lightroom export all other settings except adjustment brush?
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What happens if you adjust the clarity and do the underexposure on the raw file (along with all the other adjustments) and then export the image to a JPEG? I haven't seen the behavior you are describing. But I'm wondering why you are waiting to do the clarity and exposure adjustments on the JPEG.

• 2. Re: Why does lightroom export all other settings except adjustment brush?
            areohbee Level 5

mæds wrote:

Then I want to enhance the clarity and underexpose a couple of things with the adjustmentbrush. After doing this I export the file once again..

I'm assuming you made the local adjustments with the brush to the raw file in Lightroom, then re-exported it as jpeg, overwriting the previously exported jpeg. Is that correct? If not, then, well, that would explain it (i.e. you weren't looking at an updated jpeg rendition). If so, then, well, I give up - never seen nor heard of such a thing (i.e. whatever changes you make to the raw should show up when exported, whether adjustment brush or any other..).

Did that make sense?

Rob