1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 29, 2015 9:39 AM by sniponixs39317197

second screen resolution problem

einserpasch Level 1

hello everybody.

i hope someone can give me a hint how to solve this problem:

i am using win 8.1 and lightroom 5.7.

i have a laptop with an amd radeon hd 8800m grafic card. and a second display attatched.

my laptop has a native resolution of 1920 x 1080 px and my second screen can display 2560 x 1440 px.

on my second (big) screen i am having my main window of lightroom and on my laptop monitor i like to display an additional grid-view of my library.

but for some reasons lightroom only recognises 1600 x 900 px of my laptop monitor.

so when i am displaying my library in full screen mode it looks like this (the laptop display on the right):

image013.jpg

weired, right? remember: this is not a window. it's full screen.

when im reducing my resolution to 1600 x 900 px everything looks ok but i don't like this solution...

image014.jpg

i don't know if its a lightroom problem or a windows problem.

but sure enough it's a problem...

sometimes i managed i trick my computer by reducing the resolution and enlarging it back again. it worked two times but when i do it now it doesn't work anymore...

and the problem doesn't occur, when i am having the main window on my laptop and the additional full screen window on my large monitor. there everything works perfect.

hope anyone can help me!

best wishes,

Clemens