0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2007 6:43 AM by stephan.k

cuepoints - usage?

stephan.k Level 1
      Dear List

I'm looking into my options on the achieving the following:

1) A progressive download of an .flv file (we don't have media server, otherwhise we'd stream).
      2) Once whole file is downloaded display all the cuepoints in the flv file on the timeline (with some sort of markers)
      3) Markers get actionscript that when you click on them the movie seeks to this marker point and continues playing from there

It seems like I can get everything working besides obtaining the cuepoints information. So far the only way of getting cuepoint information is by playing back the entire video in real time, which is very unpractical. I've tried using the onMetaData function but I get no information on the cuepoints, just an array of undefined elements. something like this:

------------------------------------------------
      canSeekToEnd = true
      cuePoints = undefined,undefined,undefined,undefined,undefined,undefined,undefined,undefined,undefined ,undefined,undefined,undefined,undefined,undefined,undefined,undefined,undefined,undefined ,undefined,undefined,undefined,undefined,undefined,undefined,undefined,undefined,undefined ,undefined,undefined,undefined,undefined,undefined,undefined,undefined,undefined,undefined ,undefined,undefined,undefined,undefined
      audiocodecid = 2
      audiodelay = 0.038
      audiodatarate = 96
      videocodecid = 4
      framerate = 29.9699859619141
      videodatarate = 400
      height = 240
      width = 360
      duration = 227.46
      ---------------------------------------------------------

All this information is great, but yes the cuepoints are missing, or am I missing something? It seems like the cuepoint sare stored in an array, but why are its elemens undefined?

Is this possible at all? Or do we need the media server for this?

Any other way of getting the information? Is there a cuepoints property that is undocumented?

Any help appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards

Stephan