Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio automatic gain in Presenter

Participant ,
Jan 09, 2015 Jan 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there a way to turn of the audio automatic gain in Adobe Presenter ?

Often when someone record narration, the audio in the slide is not equal.  The beginning can be low without noise and as the slide continue the audio gain is going up and the noise also.  I don't want that automatic gain.  How to turn it off ?

Thank

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No answer...!!!!

I just want to turn off the automatic audio adjustment !

Is it possible ?

if yes, how ?

if no, why ?????

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mic volume level is set when you get the audio check dialog before entering the Record Audio function. If you have disabled it, it should retain the settings from when the audio check was last run. To enable/disable this setting of your mic volume go to Adobe Presenter > Settings > Aduio Source and check/uncheck the Always prompt to set microphone level before recording function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some test...

the audio check dialog before entering the Record Audio function does nothing at all !!!  It does not adjust the mic level.

If I use it or not, it gave the same result.

For example

If you use it to "calibrate" de mic level. 

and then on slide 1, 2 and 3 I speak normally, everything is ok

If on slide 4 I speak louder, Presenter lower the sound...

If on slide 5 I speak lower, Presenter boost the sound.  It boost the overall sound, so we can hear the room tone

So, the calibration does not work at all !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, then you may just need to select all the audio in the audio editor, use the Normalize function and then adjust the volume level to one that you like for the whole presentation.

FWIW, this just seems like another reason to use a different application for recording audio. Presenter is... simple when it comes to audio editing/management functions. I find it much easier to do all my recording and editing in a dedicated audio application and then just import the audio files into Presenter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,

You said it last year in another post of mine (Audio files name)

I agree that's a good idea to use another software.  But I work as a AV technician in a University and when I rent the portable computer with Presenter to teacher, I don't want to tell them how to use Presenter AND another software for the audio recording.  They are not very good with technic part !!!  I just want to tell them : plug the USB microphone, press record and talk.  You know what I mean...

If they come in studio to make their recording, yes I think it's a good ideas to use another software like Adobe Audition for example.

I just don't know why it so complicated to have a better recorder in Presenter.

Adobe Presenter et Adobe Audition....... that the same company ??? NO ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is the same company,  but Presenter suffers from being an Adobe product that lives inside a Microsoft product and there are compromises that come with that. Add to it that it was the red-headed step child of Connect for many years and didn't get much attention for development/improvement before the Captivate team took it over, and you have something that is simple to use but also frustrating at times. It is getting better, but it has a long way to go until it is perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that !

We also have Camtasia Studio that lived inside Microsoft Product as well.  But when I'm in Powerpoint and want to record, I can set a slider for the input audio level and I see a VU meter.  When set... No AGC try to boost audio when I'm not talking (so, no boost in noise and room tone like in Presenter).

Here at the University, people look more and more in Camtasia products...

But I work with Adobe product for many yeayr (15 years I think...)

I use Premiere Pro (since Adobe Premiere 5.1), Photoshop, Lightroom, Presenter, Soundbooth, Audition, After Effect, etc...

I like Adobe products and want to continu using them !

So I hope that one day my suggestions will be there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

July 2017...

The problem is still there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources