I purchased Pre El 13 on Dec 29 and installed it 1-5-15. Previous experience with Pre El 11 gives me quite a few concerns, which are addressed below:
My computer—Hpe 580t, Win 7 Professional 64-bit OS with second internal 1 TB hard drive;
Intel R Core, TM i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07 GHz, RAM 9.00GB
I want to be able to use the built-in movie scene markers to designate the beginning and ending of each movie (or scene) with the markers, which I will burn to a DVD for playback on TV. They work well if I use the burner in PRE EL 13, but other outside burners do not recognize the movie theme or the scene markers, nor do they provide any way to skip to a certain scene (marker) on the disk. My experience is hours and hours with Pre El 11, only to encounter unsurmountable problems burning my movies to DVD.
- 1. Is there a limit as to how many minutes I can process or how many video clips I can include in one movie? What happens if I exceed this limit? If there is a limit of less than 4.7 GB, how can I fill a 4.7GB disk with movies?
2. When I began burning disks with the burner in Pre El 11, the burn process worked well at first. I have been using DVD-R because RW disks are twice as expensive and hard to find unless I make a 30-mile journey to Hot Springs. After I burned half a dozen disks and wanted to burn the next disk, the burner stopped working on line 215 at only 1% of the scheduled burn, and an error message appeared on the workspace:
internal software error:
\Vobulator/BlockPlanner/BlockPlanner.cpp, line 215.
I tried to burn 4 or 5 more disks, but they all stopped at line 215, and of course, ruined those disks. I also tried to burn my movies using burner software provided by my computer and even other imported burner software, but none of them would produce movies with the menu markers/scenes that I needed. Pre El 11 also could not produce a usable movie format that I could save to a file and burn the movies, complete with movie scenes and proper disk language that could be played on a DVD player. What is the meaning of the software error message, and how can I overcome the problem of the “Share” choices that fail to save a usable file/folder to my computer?
- Is it possible to use Pre El 13 to import and convert 8 mm movies to a DVD?
- Can I do a batch edit adjustment on video clips that all need more light, instead of having to do one clip at a time?
- The User Forum has been no help at all, and has proved to be a total waste of time. If you look at the questions posted for the last 2 months, there are basically NO ANSWER to any of the questions. These include info that I could use.
- Having the Project Assets linked to the Organizer is great; however, if I pull in clips from this source, all the clips arrive in reverse order to what I need them to be—the Newest appear first. This is a real problem when I am moving 50 clips at a time. Is there a simple solution?
- I am trying to find answers on CHAT. Please do take time to read this list of Q’s. Thank you most sincerely for your expertise.