18 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2015 8:57 AM by A.T. Romano

????

Sandgrass

I purchased Pre El 13 on Dec 29 and installed it 1-5-15.  Previous experience with Pre El 11 gives me quite a few concerns, which are addressed below:

My computer—Hpe 580t, Win 7 Professional 64-bit OS with second internal 1 TB hard drive;

Intel R Core, TM i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07 GHz,      RAM 9.00GB

I want to be able to use the built-in movie scene markers to designate the beginning and ending of each movie (or scene) with the markers, which I will burn to a DVD for playback on TV.  They work well if I use the burner in PRE EL 13, but other outside burners do not recognize the movie theme or the scene markers, nor do they provide any way to skip to a certain scene (marker) on the disk.    My experience is hours and hours with Pre El 11, only to encounter unsurmountable problems burning my movies to DVD.

1. 1.    Is there a limit as to how many minutes I can process or how many video clips I can include in one movie?  What happens if I exceed this limit?  If there is a limit of less than 4.7 GB, how can I fill a 4.7GB disk with movies?

2.   When I began burning disks with the burner in Pre El 11, the burn process worked well at first.  I have been using DVD-R because RW disks are twice as expensive and hard to find unless I make a 30-mile journey to Hot Springs.   After I burned half a dozen disks and wanted to burn the next disk, the burner stopped working on line 215 at only 1% of the scheduled burn, and an error message appeared on the workspace:

internal software error:

\Vobulator/BlockPlanner/BlockPlanner.cpp, line 215.

I tried to burn 4 or 5 more disks, but they all stopped at line 215, and of course, ruined those disks. I also tried to burn my movies using burner software provided by my computer and even other imported burner software, but none of them would produce movies with the menu markers/scenes that I needed.  Pre El 11 also could not produce a usable movie format that I could save to a file and burn the movies, complete with movie scenes and proper disk language that could be played on a DVD player.  What is the meaning of the software error message, and how can I overcome the problem of the “Share” choices that fail to save a usable file/folder to my computer?

1. Is it possible to use Pre El 13 to import and convert 8 mm movies to a DVD?

1. Can I do a batch edit adjustment on video clips that all need more light, instead of having to do one clip at a time?

1. The User Forum has been no help at all, and has proved to be a total waste of time.  If you look at the questions posted for the last 2 months, there are basically NO ANSWER to any of the questions.  These include info that I could use.

1. Having the Project Assets linked to the Organizer is great; however, if I pull in clips from this source, all the clips arrive in reverse order to what I need them to be—the Newest appear first.  This is a real problem when I am moving 50 clips at a time.  Is there a simple solution?

1. I am trying to find answers on CHAT.  Please do take time to read this list of Q’s.  Thank you most sincerely for your expertise. 

Sandgrass

• 1. Re: ????
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>Is it possible to use Pre El 13 to import and convert 8 mm movies to a DVD?

Version 13 no longer captures from a tape camera

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/removed-features-formats-elements.html

I have NOT used either, but many say to try these for SD capture http://windv.mourek.cz/ or http://www.exsate.com/products/dvcapture/

I have NOT used it, but many say to try this for HDV capture

-archived at http://www.videohelp.com/tools/HDVSplit

-Click the 1st link under "Download sites:" for the latest version

• 2. Re: ????
            Sandgrass Level 1

Hi John Smith--Thank you so much for your answer regarding 8 mm  movies and Pr El 13.  Would Version 10 work?  I just threw away my disk for 11--Uhhhh--not good.

You must be some what of a legend where help for the "slightly" puzzled and frustrated Pr El users are concerned.  I have seen your name in many forum answers--which site was a mystery to me until just today--happy accident.

If you have the time and inclination, my question marked ???? has quite a few problems that I have wrestled with.  I would be so grateful if you can provide insight for these other Q's.  The failure of the software "Vobulater" line 215 was the sole reason for me to jettison Ver 11 and upgrade to Ver 13.  I know a lot about Pr El, but the holes in my knowledge are woesome.

Hail to your Chief's wisdom!              Sandy Mc  (Sandgrass)

• 3. Re: ????
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Sandy Mc (Sandgrass)

Are you asking why the "Vobulator" error in Premiere Elements?

If that is the case, with 99.9999% certainty, you are taking your Timeline content to burn to with a stop marker at the

end of the last item of the Timeline content. That stop marker at that location is not needed and causes all sorts of problems.

Have you been there and explored that possibility? Under the circumstances, this error would be expected in any Premiere

Elements version in this type of situation.

Have you posted about this particular matter previously and indicated that there was no stop marker involved when you

received the Vobulator error from a Premiere Elements workflow?

ATR

• 4. Re: ????
                Sandgrass Level 1

Hi AT--my thanks to you for this info.  Yes I had a stop marker at the end of one section; however, 4 or 5 30-minute DVD's were burned before the "vobulator" error popped up.  My understanding of "stop" was to loop the video for auto replay.  Of course this is not necessary, and I will cease using Stop markers.  You are the second response to my ???? post, the first dealing only with the issue of converting 8 mm movies to DVD with Preel 13.      Can you provide any wisdom about my other issues?  One big question that I am facing is how to successfully combine 30-minute MPEG movies that I have saved to file on my computer to burn to the same DVD-R disk, and still preserve the menu/scene markers that are needed to identify the different movie segments.  If I try burning the MPEG movies with burners such as ImageBurn or Windows Movie Maker, the scene markers become useless.      Or, would it be possible to combine my finished and rendered Pre El 13 files into one two-hour file and then use the Pre El software to burn to disk?  If I use the more expensive DVD-RW disks, can I burn additional segments to the same disk without erasing the segments already in place?  I need to burn 6 to 8 copies of all of the smaller movies, and just looking for the simplest and most productive way to do this.    Part of the problem was the difficulty in navigating to the Users Forum website;  the Quick Start Guide included with Pre El 13 mentioned several websites for support, and for the Forums - - - - all of them wrong.  Under help in the program itself, the links proved to be error-laden and mostly dead ends.  Now that I have found the way to the real Users Forum, I shall take advantage of the wonderful knowledge and devoted users like yourself, who don't mind spending time to help newbies like myself.  Also, I have discovered Muvipics sp? as a valuable resource, and several other websites, thanks to you and John Hunt and a few others.    Again, many thanks for any ideas you care to share. Sandy Mc 

To: Sandy McPherson <jimsanmc1@yahoo.com>

Sent: Friday, January 9, 2015 1:17 PM

Subject:  ????

????

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussionSandy Mc (Sandgrass) Are you asking why the "Vobulator" error in Premiere Elements? If that is the case, with 99.9999% certainty, you are taking your Timeline content to burn to with a stop marker at theend of the last item of the Timeline content. That stop marker at that location is not needed and causes all sorts of problems.Have you been there and explored that possibility? Under the circumstances, this error would be expected in any PremiereElements version in this type of situation. Have you posted about this particular matter previously and indicated that there was no stop marker involved when youreceived the Vobulator error from a Premiere Elements workflow? ATR If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7081784#7081784 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7081784#7081784 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" 

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 5. Re: ????
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Sandgrass

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the delayed response. I got detoured.

1. Premiere Elements 13 does not offer Timeline export to a file with menus which can be saved to the computer hard drive.

In prior version(s), the user could use  webDVD which was in reality a flash file with menus. But, that feature is gone in version 13,

and it is not really indicated for what you want to do unless you wanted to create a webDVD and send its folder to someone else for

play back in his/her Firefox or Internet Explorer computer browser.

2. If you want to use Premiere Elements 13....here are a few of the possibilities...

a. You could import your .mpg files (make sure the project preset is set correctly, presumed NTSC DV Standard for 720 x 480), add and customized menus, and then produce the DVD-VIDEO Standard on DVD-R or DVD-RW disc using Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc with preset NTSC_Dolby Digital.

b. Premiere Elements will not let you add to the material on the DVD-RW disc. The program will let you use that disc with existing content but only after it

has erased what is there.

c. You could import your .mpg files, add and customize menus, and then produce a VIDEO_TS Folder that you could take into

ImgBurn for it to give you your DVD-VIDEO with menus on DVD disc. ImgBurn erases a disc with content before it writes again on

that disc. You produce the VIDEO_TS  by using Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc with Burn To: Folder (4.7 GB) and preset NTSC_Dolby DVD.

The VIDEO_TS Folder is in the folder generated in this Burn To: Folder (4.7 GB) process.

Please review those possibilities, and let us know if any of them work for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: ????
                    Sandgrass Level 1

Hi AT--my tardy reply to you was the result of a wild goose chase through many Questions on the User forum that seemed to have similar issues to mine.  I copied and pasted Q's and answers of posts that might help me.  Your email is greatly appreciated, and to build on that, it generated some other Q's.    Prel 13 seems to be the only way that I can import video clips from on my computer, edit them, and turn them into a decent movie, complete with a Theme and Scene Markers to aid viewers in finding specific action.  I have pared 6 hours of clips taken with my Nikon P500 down to two segments; the main movie is 54 minutes long, with 8 or 10 scenes, all involving videos of pickleball tournaments with our players as the subjects.  I need the scenes to allow them to go directly to their part of the tournament.  The second movie is 14 minutes long , and has 4 or 5 scenes.  It seemed so simple to bring the shorter movie back into Pre 13 and make a one hour and 15 minute DVD.  I found out that, once a movie leaves the timeline of Prel, the Theme might remain, but the scenes go away.    Before purchasing Prel 13, I tried to make individual DVD-R 15-20 minute movies for the players, burning several copies of each movie, but then the Vobulator error message stopped any more burning, so I upgraded to Prel 13.

Now for the big, totally unexpected problem:    After reading more of the Posts on the Users Forum, I started over with the idea of one long and one short movie, just as a precaution.  As a precaution, I saved a copy of every Project Save.  The movie projects were saved in Prel format in a special file on my computer's second hard drive, and all was going very well until Sunday, yesterday, when the long project would not load into Prel 13.  The first error to pop up said: "Cannot load project, as it is not supported by this version".  Subsequent error messages just read:  "The project is not compatible with the Current Version".  Prel 13 is what created this project!  I tried every saved copy of the project, and only one will load.  I have examined any settings that I may have changed inadvertently, and can't come up with anything.  Any suggestions?      There is one copy that will still open.  Butwhen I tried to save a copy of it, Saved AS "Will Open" and "Copy of Will Open", neither of them will open!!       Until you answer this email, I am afraid to even try anything with the one remaining project copy that will open, for fear it too will fail to open.  Other attempts to open a copy of the one good project file have produced a pop up message, "Premiere Elements has stopped working and needs to close".  I keep as clean as possible all my temp files, caches, and run MS Security Elements once a weekno sign of invaders.  The drives have no Degragmentation.  My 1 TB second hard drive (for data storage) is roughly 70% Free.  My C: drive has 1.01 TB free out of 1.35 TB.    Both the original and the copy of the 14-minute project will open and function normally.    Another woe that I deal with daily is a very slow AT&T internet; it varies from 1.5 to 5.01 mbps daily.  We have no other internet available where we live.  Uploading large files of DVD web stuff is not an option.  I must reply on burning disks to DVD.  Right now, an attempt to download a movie theme for my short movie has failed, for the third time.  I was going to try to save the short movie using the process you outlined.  Can't remember seeing mention of a VIDEO_TS Folder.     As soon as I can finish this part, I will contact you with any progress.  Please don't give up on me.  I have been at this project since October 1, and am determined to get it.  Thank you so much for your interest in my efforts, and your willingness to assist.  So Chief, can you make any sense of what might be happening?    Sandy MSandgrass (childhood moniker)  PSthe download of 86MB just finished, so will work on the short project, Movie Theme and Scenes.

Jim McPherson

Sent: Monday, January 12, 2015 12:32 PM

????

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussionSandgrass Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the delayed response. I got detoured. 1. Premiere Elements 13 does not offer Timeline export to a file with menus which can be saved to the computer hard drive.In prior version(s), the user could use  webDVD which was in reality a flash file with menus. But, that feature is gone in version 13,and it is not really indicated for what you want to do unless you wanted to create a webDVD and send its folder to someone else for play back in his/her Firefox or Internet Explorer computer browser. 2. If you want to use Premiere Elements 13....here are a few of the possibilities... a. You could import your .mpg files (make sure the project preset is set correctly, presumed NTSC DV Standard for 720 x 480), add and customized menus, and then produce the DVD-VIDEO Standard on DVD-R or DVD-RW disc using PublishShare/Disc/DVD disc with preset NTSC_Dolby Digital. b. Premiere Elements will not let you add to the material on the DVD-RW disc. The program will let you use that disc with existing content but only after ithas erased what is there. c. You could import your .mpg files, add and customize menus, and then produce a VIDEO_TS Folder that you could take intoImgBurn for it to give you your DVD-VIDEO with menus on DVD disc. ImgBurn erases a disc with content before it writes again onthat disc. You produce the VIDEO_TS  by using PublishShare/Disc/DVD disc with Burn To: Folder (4.7 GB) and preset NTSC_Dolby DVD.The VIDEO_TS Folder is in the folder generated in this Burn To: Folder (4.7 GB) process.  Please review those possibilities, and let us know if any of them work for you. Thank you. ATR If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7088490#7088490 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7088490#7088490 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" 

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 7. Re: ????
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Samdgrass

Thanks for the follow up. Will never give up on you when you need my assistance.

1. Given you have two movies

a. 54 minutes (8 to10 scenes)

and

b. 14 minutes (4 to 5 scenes)

Assuming the Premiere Elements 13 project preset is set to match the properties of the source media, then my preferred approach would be

to bring the two sources into one project, place the menu markers when all Timeline edits are finished...Timeline should flow as follows

Main Menu Marker at the start of movie 1

Scene Menu Markers 8 to 10 for movie 1 (54 minute source)

Stop Marker at the end of movie 1

free frames gap

Main Menu Marker at the start of movie 2

Scene Menu Markers 4 to 5 for movie 2 (14 minute source)

No Stop Marker at the end of movie 2

On to disc menus to customize disc menus....what does the customized menu look like in the disc menu area Preview?

Assuming OK?

I am concerned about

It seemed so simple to bring the shorter movie back into Pre 13 and make a one hour and 15 minute DVD.  I found out that, once a movie leaves the timeline of Prel, the Theme might remain, but the scenes go away.

Were are they going away from...

a. the menu markers are not represented in the disc menu customization area

b. they are not displaying in the preview

c. other

Do you have transitions in the Timeline where scene menu markers.are placed. Depending on further clarification, you may need to change the Offset in the scene marker

dialog so that you get an image in the scene menu button rather than a black space. Did we discuss that before?

Already addressed is the fact that Premiere Elements will not add on to a DVD-RW that has content already written to it. With your permission, it will erase what is there and burn the new content from the Timeline.

Please review and consider and then we will try to put all this together into one great DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Pending further details, at this time I am not seeing any advantage for the burn to folder instead of the burn to disc.

• 8. Re: ????
                        Sandgrass Level 1

What a work horse you are!  Thank you for all suggestions.  I may have caused an unnecessary problem--refer to my new post of 5 hours ago, copied below:

Prel 13 saved project files will not open, or Prel stops working.

This question is Not Answered.(Mark as assumed answered)

Sandy McPherson    Community Member

Sandgrass-     Saved files of Prel 13 projects will not open in Prel 13.  Is there any way to reclaim/alter these files to where they will open? Could there be a missing codec? 

My computer—Hpe 580t, Win 7 Professional 64-bit OS with second internal 1 TB hard drive;

Intel R Core, TM i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07 GHz,      RAM 9.00GB

All of my clips and stills were taken on my Nikon CoolPix P500.  They will import just fine from PSE organizer or from Prel 13 organizer and I can edit just fine. The trouble seems to be when I attempt to open the saved project files for further editing or adding  movie theme and scene markers for a 54-minute movie.

I have tried opening from within Prel 13 and from the stored files on my Data Drive E:.  Prel opens the project and tries to load; then an error msg appears:  “Premiere Elements has stopped working.  Windows will close the program and let you know if a solution is found”, or an error message says "Cannot open:---this file is not compatible with Premiere Elements".  Only one copy of several edited and rendered copies of the project will open, and I am very afraid to touch it until someone can maybe suggest a solution.  I tried saving copies of the one working file, but none of them will open. Thank you for your assistance.      Sandgrass

6:53 PM--since I was afraid of causing more problems, I left everything alone until you could read the new post and comment on what happened to my Pr el 13 saved files to prevent them from opening.  Could moving the Media Cache from its normal residence within the Pr El 13 folder on C: drive to my second hard drive E: in the middle of one of my last editing sessions be a contributing factor?  I try to keep the C: drive as uncluttered and open as possible, so all the choice under Preferences/Scratch Disk now reside on E: drive with all the other project files.  Am I in Never Never Land now? 

Tomorrow is another day, and "I'll think about that tomorrow". said Scarlett.  I spent the afternoon reading posts and digesting the Forum info.  What an unbelievable job you VIP's do, and what devotion!  Thanks to your comments to IsszyM, I understand much more what you guys are doing for all of us little members than before.  Have you ever asked for a raise in pay?  (Chuckle, chuckle). 

• 9. Re: ????
                          Sandgrass Level 1

OK AT--my newness is showing.  You provided instructions as to how to mark an answer as correct.  I count myself as very savvy in following directions; however, I see no place to mark your answer as correct.  Is there something missing on this page?  While we are at it, How can I  edit my profile to erase my real name and insert my nickname?  I tried all the menus under the Avatar, but couldn't change anything.

Now, to business.  MOVIE SCENES AND MARKERS DISAPPEAR WHEN I SHARE BY GOING TO SHARE/DVD/MPEG/WIDESCREEN/COMPUTER FILE.  I then Previewed the new Movie and Scenes, made a few adjustments, and then went to PUBLISH/SHARE.   When I published in NTSC Widescreen to a file on my computer there was no Movie Theme or scene markers In the saved file.  Windows Media Player could play the file straight through, no scene markers, no fast fwd or back, just normal speed to the end.  Your instructions on how to save to a TS_FOLDER may have solved all my problems.  I will be working on that today and will report results to you.  All editing of my clips is complete, and I just need to conquer the correct technique to save my movie to a computer TS_FOLDER that will allow me to use ImgBurn to burn the long movie and the short movie on the same DVD disk (with Theme and Scene Markers in place), which has the capability of moving two folders into the Ready "compartment" and burn both folders on the same disk.  Is that logical? 

Regarding the above (post of Jan 13, 7:19 PM), I think I understand what happened when all but one of my Pre El 13 project files and copies failed to open and displayed the error messages:

On the evening of Jan 9, I looked in the Scratch Disk files, and decided that they were so huge that they needed to be moved from the USER/ROAMING/ADOBE/13 file on my C: drive to D: drive, where all my other Pr El files were stored.  This is possibly why the error msgs popped up. I proceeded to go into the edit prefs and browsed to the D: drive and selected the new location, right in the middle of an edit on the long movie.  The first files entered into the new location for Scratch Disk was Jan 9, PM.  Everything before that date is now missing.  Is there any way to recover these Scratch Disk files, so that all my edited project files can become functional?

One last Q:  what could you tell me as a guideline, about the absolute longest or largest project that Pr El 13 can handle and successfully burn the project to a DVD?

Oh boy, can one commit any more fatal acts to sabotage a big project that has bitten four months out of my life?  Don't answer that!

Thank you A T, for everything.            Sandgrass

• 10. Re: ????
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Sandgrass

First the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum features....

a. When you are the originator of a thread, you have the opportunity to go through the thread and select a correct answer by clicking on the green correct tab at the bottom left of the correct  answer post. But, I do not believe you can mark more than 1 reply as correct. You have already marked John's reply as correct. John is a moderator so we can check with him on that if necessary. For me, knowing that you are moving forward in your project is more than enough. The correct answer labeling in a thread is supposed to alert the person seeking answers that there is an answer in that thread that worked for him/her in the thread.

b. As for changing your Adobe Premiere Elements Forum ID...not sure about. I think that we need to contact a moderator on that or ask in the Adobe Comments Forum.

Forum comments

But, I did find this FAQ over there that appears to answer that question

The specified item was not found.

As for the menus...you are only going to get disc menus when you take your Timeline to burn to: disc or burn to: folder.

If you make a detour around getting to the disc product, you will end up with no menus. So, if you export your Timeline content

with menu markers and disc menu established, but export to a file saved to the computer hard drive - just the video, no menus.

When you burn to folder, you obtain a saved folder that contains the VIDEO_TS Folder which contains everything, video and menus.

All the VIDEO_TS needs is to be put to the DVD disc in a disc file system. For that you need a program like ImgBurn. Are you OK

with the details for doing that?

To complicate matters, even after you get your DVD-VIDEO with menus on DVD disc, there may be some computer players that will not play menus

even if they are there. Some just do not allow for menus viewing, and some do allow for menu viewing but you have to go through special procedures for

viewing them along with the video portion of the DVD-VIDEO.

Does the project you are working on have a distinctive name that has not changed along the course of the workflow? If so, go through the files and

folders in the Adobe folder to see if you see any files with your project's name that you thought were missing. See Libraries\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Elements\13.0 and check out

what is in folders in the 13.0 Folder. More on this later.

ATR

• 11. Re: ????
                              Sandgrass Level 1

Good morning (er afternoon) to you A T—Understand now about the Adobe.com profile and the invisible name; hence, Sandgrass shows in the Forum.  All is now good.

The detour to burn/TS_FOLDER did produce separate files for 1) Title  2) 30-second file for Movie Theme and Scene Markers—which of course were not connected to the third file.  3) The 14-minute movie that played smoothly, but with no markers, and no fast fwd or back. Hp Player was my only choice to play the movie, any one of the three files, but not connected.  So I am back to starting with the longest segment that will open (1 hour 9 min), and add media to cover the additional 30-40 minutes of our pickleball players.  Again, what is approximately the largest/longest file that Pr El 13 can handle and burn to only one DVD?

You asked earlier if there were transitions between each clip.  Yes, but I was able to adjust the scene markers so they all landed on frames with full images.  Accident, or did I do something right?

Having all of the various players and different matches in scenes will put a strain on the number of scenes that I can actually construct, so having a black 3-5 second space before these last 30-40 minutes with more scenes(??) may be the way to go.  New theme? New scene markers, or just a continuation of the original theme?  I did try several themes out and saw that some movie theme can handle more scene markers than others, so will look for a theme with good possibilities.

Distinctive name for the project?  All the projects’ names are similar, and I will search Docs and the original residence of the  Scratch Disk files for anything.  If found, what do I do with them?

Last Q for now—Is there any way to preserve the edited video clip in one project, and use it in other projects?  Out of around 300 clips, or maybe more, I found myself editing and re-editing the same clips again and again, trimming and adjusting as I started newer and more sophisticated projects of this pickleball project. Usual cause for Adjustments was the reflection problems off the floor or poor lighting where the PB tournaments were held, so my Adjustments were mainly Lighting and Temperature; still very time-consuming.  Can I edit these clips once and for all in the Pr El 13 Editor and then store the edited clips in the Pr El 13 organizer, to be called back for projects when I want? (Similar to the way that you can edit a still image in Photoshop Elements editor and then store it with the original)??

Always grateful Sandgrass

• 12. Re: ????
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Sandgrass

Good news about the Adobe ID.

Did we ever discuss saving titles created in the Titler? After you create a title in the Titler or use one of the Title Templates, you can save either as a file saved to the computer hard drive and use the saved file in another Premiere Elements project. There is a maneuver that needs to go with that. You need to highlight/select the thumbnail of the title or Title Template in Project Assets and then go to File Menu/Export/Title. If you do anything else, "Title" will be grayed out.

If you are heading for DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD disc (4.7 GB/120 min), you should do fine with about 90 minutes of Timeline footage. You probably could do more. Just keep a watch on what the burn dialog has to show for Space Required and Bitrate when you have a check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space". Do not let the Bitrate get much less than the max 8.00 Mbps. Another matter that confuses people is that the DVD disc labelled 4.7 GB/120 minutes is in reality 4.38 GB.If you need more disc space, you could consider if the DVD Double Layer Single Sided Disc is justified. Those discs typically come labelled 8.5 GB/240 minutes, but in reality that is 7.95 GB.

Do not add the menu markers until you are 99.999999% sure that your Timeline content is "ready to go". As said, the menu markers do not lock in place with the content to which is applied.

Do a mini test run on your disc menu themes. Some of them are flawed and need work. What has been happening (Glass Flowers), the highlights that are used by the TV remote are not showing up on the TV screen. You may have to find a menu that "works" and then customize it as best you can. Have you decided on how many menu markers (scene markers)?

Be carefully you do not pick a menu designed for a few buttons per page and you have a lot of scene markers. You will end up with a lot of scene selection pages.

If you have a project with an edited Timeline that you want to save and you think that you might want it to edit again, consider archiving the project and then storing archived folder (project file and its media) on external hard drive or wherever you prefer to keep stored video. However, there may be complications if the project being archived has disc menus.

1. Export the Timeline content to a file saved to the computer hard drive in a format that is consistent with the settings of the other projects that may be involved along the way.

2. Do a copy/paste insert between projects using ClipMate in conjunction with Premiere Elements.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: ClipMate Copy/Paste Between Projects

If we have not talked about it before, there is a way to export only a portion of a Timeline instead of the whole thing. That procedure has two requirements

a. In the Edit area, set the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar to span just the area of the segment

and

b. In the Export area, put a check mark next to the export option there "Share Work Area Bar Only". Most exports have that options. A few do not. you need

a and b to get this selective export to work.

We can zero in further on any of the above.

ATR

• 13. Re: ????
                                  Sandgrass Level 1

10:46 PM      Hi ATR—headed to a good night’s rest and then up for an early start on “The Project”.  Thank you for your reply.  I may take the last 14-minute segment and do some trial runs with various movie themes; so far I have tried two, and see what you mean.  The first had room for many scenes and was easy to manipulate.  The second one had only room for three scenes, and was very difficult to edit—the selected boxes would not accept my typing and would not move easily.

I followed everything you said in tonight’s reply, and now I know that I set myself up for failure by plunging into a huge project before learning my way around Pr El.   I checked My Docs  and the Adobe files under Users/Roaming/11.0 or 13.0.  I also did a computer search and netted nothing.

Sad to report:  I used a lot of 4-6 second colored mattes for Titles, and the original project ran to 1 hour, 35 minutes.  Pr El 13 was running like a champ; then I added the last 14 minutes. As I was inserting the second colored matte + title, the adjustment squares on the monitor around my title edit froze and would not release the title or the matte.  The Current Time Indicator can be moved freely, but the monitor picture does not change.  I tried restarting Pr El, then restarted the computer, but the editing squares remain and the monitor is frozen on one frame.  I tried rendering the whole project, but nothing changed.

A good place to stop tonight, as I await your suggestions. I am thinking:

1. Delete the last 14 minutes and see if that will clear the problem.
                                  2. Try inserting the scene markers and publish/burn a DVD with Standard settings as you outlined.
                                  3. Open the Media Cache and choose a Save that doesn’t have the problem area or any of the last 14-min.

We’re so close to the finish line  - -  -  - -  -  - -            Sandgrass

• 14. Re: ????
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Sandgrass

I am just about to call it a day. So you should not be getting one of my short long replies.

Inspect the content (titles, transitions, the works) for whatever you added to the project when it went off course...rather than it being a resource problem, consider

an individual file problem.

If resources, then we need to explore areas to clean/clear to give us the edge to get to the finish line.

More on this in the light of day.

ATR

• 15. Re: ????
                                      Sandgrass Level 1

Jan 16-11 AM    GREAT NEWS!

After rendering the whole project and shutting down for the night, I opened Pr El 13 project, and Huuuuaaaah!  Everything is working and in its place.  I plan to do your “mini test” first, then add the scene markers, then go for the BURN.  The finish line is in sight - - - - thanks to your guidance.      Sandrass

• 16. Re: ????
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Sandrass

Your great news is really great. Congratulations on your success. Excellent job.

Go the careful route and no experimenting if you are so close to the finish line. Steady course.

ATR

• 17. Re: ????
                                          Sandgrass Level 1

A T--A HUGE THANK YOU!Our discussion thread seems to have disappeared from the main list of frazzled but hopeful users seeking solutions. I appreciate your email so I could really thank you for the long and detailed answers that pushed me over the "finish line".  The project burned perfectly and played flawlessly on our DVD player, on our flat screen TV.  Six copies will be burned today, and will be in the mail to our pickleball players in New Mexico.    I have copied our entire dialog and saved to a special folder for later review and guidance.  The finished movie was 1 hour 45 min, 900 video clips, 9 still photos, and countless titles over color mattes.    Thank you so much for your devotion to all of us amateur users.  Best wishes to you                   Sandgrass

Jim McPherson

From: A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Sent: Friday, January 16, 2015 11:21 AM

????

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussionSandrass Your great news is really great. Congratulations on your success. Excellent job. Go the careful route and no experimenting if you are so close to the finish line. Steady course. ATR If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7102970#7102970 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7102970#7102970 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" 

• 18. Re: ????
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Jim McPherson

I am so very pleased with your progress and results. Thanks for staying with the suggestions. You are the real hero of this story and an inspiration to others

seeking the Premiere Elements end product to be enjoyed by all.

We were glad for the opportunity to be a back seat driver in your drive to success.

Best wishes

ATR