0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2015 8:37 AM by Medley

Background Image Position Whole Numbers vs Decimals

Medley

Hi EA experts,

I'm using sprite sheets to create animations in Edge Animate CC and have run into a peculiar problem: Occasionally, when I am animating frame-to-frame and changing the background image position, the numbers I input (for example, -400) end up somehow being changed to a value a few decimal points off (such as -399.96). When playing the animation back, even this tiny fraction of a pixel difference ends up causing the sprites to shift and play back choppily. What's more frustrating still is that Edge Animate shows the X/Y values as the correct whole-numbers I inputed, until I click on them (see attached). Given the amount of animation I'm doing, now that I've found out this is the problem, I have maybe hundreds of X/Y values to correct.

01.png02.png

The whole number I input is displayed......                                   until you click, and see that it's off a bit

Is there a way to easily correct this? Perhaps a way to make Edge Animate only accept whole numbers for background image position values?

Thanks,

-Adam