1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 9, 2015 3:25 PM by A.T. Romano

Is Adobe Premiere Elements 10 compatible with OS X Yosemite?

Lawrence3973

I have Adobe Premiere Elements 10 that I use on my IMAC.  I recently updated my operating system to OS X Yosemite and when I go to use the add menus portion of the the program it consistently crashes.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Premiere Elements 10 and it still crashes when trying to add disc menu's to my movie?  Is Adobe Premiere Elements 10 not compatible with OS X Yosemite?  Do I need to upgrade my version of Adobe Premiere Elements for the program to work? Larry

• 1. Re: Is Adobe Premiere Elements 10 compatible with OS X Yosemite?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Lawrence3973

I am strictly an Elements Windows person and do not have a Mac computer to road test this one. I do remember that question being asked before. My recollection is that Premiere Elements 10 is, but it a recollection which I would need to research. Most of the threads with that question can be found unanswered.

Does Premiere Elements 10 run on Yosemite?

Most of the "Elements" discussions with information revolve around Photoshop Elements Mac and Yosemite.

Are you running the program as Administrator and do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer? Is it only disc menus that bring the project down? Is it all disc menus or just one or two that are involved in the issue?

But, first I would ask "What video card/graphics card are your computer use?" Therein may be the problem if the card is a NVIDIA GeForce one.

You could try delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file which I believe can be found in Mac

Users/Owner/Libraries/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/10.0

Please review and consider.

ATR