1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 8, 2007 8:22 AM by Linux Rules

Greetings from Indinana, a new RH user.

emarkay
      I just started a new job, after a few years of independent consulting, and was shown my desk and introduced to RoboHelp. First impression was "Danger Will Robinson!" (pun intended), and it took a while to get used to it - I was expecting a learning curve like going from WordStar to WordPerfect for Windows 3.1 (Uh oh, showing my age...). RH is truly complex and quirky, just like my old friend WordPerfect . (I am using Linux at home, and it's all OpenOffice for me now).

Actually within a week, I not only have a nifty .CHM file but a 52 page Word document, with a RH generated TOC, Glossary, and Index. Wow, I say! Impressive.

BTW, I have a minor problem I can't figure out, posted at "Printed Documentation", (a few manual edits can resolve it, but I'd just like to know why this happens, and if I can get RH to not do it...).

MRK
        • 1. Re: Greetings from Indinana, a new RH user.
          Linux Rules Level 2
          Greetings and Welcome!

You have just joined a really great groups of users. While RH can be "complex" and indeed is quirky, in no time you will learn the ins/outs and what to avoid - especially if you search this forum. If a search doesn't produce an answer, ask!

(BTW, I really miss WordStar but OpenOffice is a really nice program...just wish RH worked with it.)

Regards,
          GEWB (Linux Rules)