3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2007 12:10 AM by rayden_chan

Bufering sound in Actionscript

Arunkkumar2207j
      Required suggestion on following issues.

1. When playing a song, if it can not be accessed within 5 seconds, the player advances to the next song
      2. When playing a song, the player will buffer the next song.
      3. When buffering the next song, if it can not be accessed within 20 seconds, the player will skip it and attempt to buffer the next song.
        • 1. Re: Bufering sound in Actionscript
          Pal_w_G
          The only thing you need to define more clearly is what do you want to mean by "can not be accessed".....

When a song is playing isnt it accessable........

The rest i hope i have answered through private messages.....
          • 2. Re: Bufering sound in Actionscript
            Arunkkumar2207j Level 1
            It's about the music player in flash.

1. The player downloads the current song (i.e. the one which i click from playlist) and plays, if this particular song does not respond for 5 sec the player should skip downloading this song and start downloading the next song in the playlist.

2. Secondly when the first song is dowloading, this should be other option that downloads the next to current song, so that when the first song is over no time is required to play the song in sequence, here regarding the next song, if this song is not available or unable ot download in next 20 sec the player should skip this and go to download the third song and it goes on till the last song in playlist.
            • 3. Re: Bufering sound in Actionscript
              rayden_chan Level 1
              Are you writing this post to ask for code?

Well,in case of suggestion, well i did write a similiar code but it's for video player.
              I have a list of videos here, when the first video on the list will be played first. While streaming, the user will still viewing it, until the video is finished downloaded, the flash will start downloading the 2nd and subsequence video while the user enjoying the first video.