2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2015 9:54 AM by markspav

How can I message people for quotes? I sent maybe 3 messages and now I'm throttled and can't message.

markspav

The title sums it up. I want to hire an illustrator and I found some whose work I liked and started to message them. After (I think) three messages I tried to send the next message and got an error saying I was no longer able to send messages. How am I supposed to use Behance to hire artists if I cannot contact them?

• 1. Re: How can I message people for quotes? I sent maybe 3 messages and now I'm throttled and can't message.
          SarahBehance1 Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi there,

We established limitations in the spirit of making messages higher quality and getting rid of self-promotional spam, but we definitely understand that this can be a limitation for some using the messaging system a lot for good reason, and our exact limits are a work in progress. Continuing a conversation that's already ongoing within an inbox thread shouldn't be limiting you, however. How many messages were you attempting to send in a row within the thread?

A few tips for making the most of your messaging despite limitations:

-Message from the inbox instead of clicking "send a message" on a person's profile.

-Try to spread out messaging across the day and not to send too many messages to different people in a short timespam.

• 2. Re: How can I message people for quotes? I sent maybe 3 messages and now I'm throttled and can't message.
            markspav Level 1

Thanks for the reply, Sarah. I think I sent out three messages before I got shut down. There may have been four. I don't remember exactly, but I think it was three. I was not counting at the time. I was asking people if they were interested and available for a specific design idea I needed done and, if so, we could talk more about details like quotes. I wanted to send the same message to about seven people altogether. In the end I tracked them down on Facebook and messaged them through there and hired one of them directly through Facebook messaging.